Buyers beware suprared is a scammer

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I don't understand why people continue to send money to strangers without any kinda protection...just use PayPal..

Only way I pay n I always eat the couple $ fee...makes zero sense to do it any other way...

Good luck to the OP but his money is probably gone...even if it's not this just isn't worth the headache...imo...

Steve
Sponsored

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I don't understand why people continue to send money to strangers without any kinda protection...just use PayPal..

Only way I pay n I always eat the couple $ fee...makes zero sense to do it any other way...

Good luck to the OP but his money is probably gone...even if it's not this just isn't worth the headache...imo...

Steve
Yup, I learned the hard way. When I was 18 a guy hit me up on RX7Club with a "really good deal". He said just sent him $200 cash and he could send me all the parts on my WTB list. Like an idiot I did. I was young dumb and naive. I thought everyone on a forum could be trusted since we were all car enthusiasts and all.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Damn..that sucks but at least you learned (hopefully)...haha...
When it comes to my money I'd be damn some asshat is gonna scam me for it...

I'm by nature a pretty skeptical person...I trust no one...especially some guy on the internet...lol...

I truely hope it works out for the OP...
I also hope he learned a valuable lesson....TRUST NO ONE....

Steve

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
Yup, I learned the hard way. When I was 18 a guy hit me up on RX7Club with a "really good deal". He said just sent him $200 cash and he could send me all the parts on my WTB list. Like an idiot I did. I was young dumb and naive. I thought everyone on a forum could be trusted since we were all car enthusiasts and all.
Itā€™s sad that a few bad actors spoil it for everyone else! ?

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
just use PayPal..
Do not use anything unless it's tied to a credit card and not a debit card. The Truth in Lending Act provides fraud protection should the party you sent money too not provide what you purchased (fraud). And most credit card companies go beyond even the limits in the regulation (ie $0 fraud liability). Regulation E covers debit cards and only provides protection for unauthorized transactions. This case was an authorized transaction but the other party committed fraud. Your credit card company will reimburse you but if you use a debit card, your bank is not required to as long as it was an authorized transaction. Many still would though if you filed a claim.

And don't get me started on PayPal. My wife used PayPal to buy some of that stupid Rae Dunn nonsense. Sent the money and the seller disappeared. Made a claim to PayPal and they denied it saying it was an authorized transaction. We responded back clarifying the claim was under their fraud protection and never got another response. Sent a second reply and again, crickets. After about a month to give PayPal time to respond, I initiated a claim with my credit card company and got the money back in about 30 days. Pay Pal can eat shit as far as I'm concerned...

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Do not use anything unless it's tied to a credit card and not a debit card. The Truth in Lending Act provides fraud protection should the party you sent money too not provide what you purchased (fraud). And most credit card companies go beyond even the limits in the regulation (ie $0 fraud liability). Regulation E covers debit cards and only provides protection for unauthorized transactions. This case was an authorized transaction but the other party committed fraud. Your credit card company will reimburse you but if you use a debit card, your bank is not required to as long as it was an authorized transaction. Many still would though if you filed a claim.

And don't get me started on PayPal. My wife used PayPal to buy some of that stupid Rae Dunn nonsense. Sent the money and the seller disappeared. Made a claim to PayPal and they denied it saying it was an authorized transaction. We responded back clarifying the claim was under their fraud protection and never got another response. Sent a second reply and again, crickets. After about a month to give PayPal time to respond, I initiated a claim with my credit card company and got the money back in about 30 days. Pay Pal can eat shit as far as I'm concerned...
Yea I had a bad experience with PayPal before similar to yours. I have learned to use a credit card for stuff like this, just in case as well. :(

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal

Steve
I have bought and sold several items on here. Never and issue. Most are stand up.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series

Wow. Iā€™m surprised you had a problem with PayPal. Iā€™ve had good luck with them in the past. Of course that was in the before times.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I have bought and sold several items on here. Never and issue. Most are stand up.
I've bought and sold (mostly bought) not only here but going back decades to Mustang and Corvette forums as well. I've never had a bad experience and believe as a group us motorheads are more stand up than the population in general. I do just make sure it's someone who's been on the forums a while and actually contributed and participated. That's the extent of it though. Heck, I even bought a spoiler for my old '97 Cobra from someone in Mexico. Again, motorheads are a good group!

hafu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Supra
Messaged him about a JB4 he was selling. Asked if I could use PayPal, and he seemed find with it but tried to convince me to use venmo. When I replied saying I would rather use paypal as am familiar with how to use it he never responded lol. Dude is def up to no good.

OP
OP
cvondra

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
Could any active admins or owners of the forums please reach out to me. Thanks.

OP
OP
cvondra

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
It's official, this little prick got me for $500. Anyone who might have any info DM me. Admins DM me. Going to get info from Venmo. All info will be turned over to some police detective friends of mine. More info the better.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
What excuse did he give you for using Venmo?
Sponsored