A91-MT buyers, what are you ACTUALLY paying?

What's the total damage?

• Under MSRP

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • MSRP

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • $1-5K over

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • $6-9K over

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • $10-14K over

• $15-19K over

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • $20-24K over

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • $25-30K over

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • A secret I'm taking to the grave

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wah

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, 208 GTI 30th Edition, E85 Z4M
I have been offered 4.8% discount off the list price of a MT Supra Pro (in UK).
Sponsored

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
Can someone explain the discrepancy between the actual sticker price, which makes no mention of or charge for Driver Assist, and the website that shows it is a mandatory option with a >$1k upcharge? That changes my answer for how much over MSRP I paid.

if I go by the Toyota website number, and I accept the fact that I got full value for the carbon mirrors, paint protection for hood/door cups, and rear carpet mat that came with the car, then I paid <$1k over MSRP. Iā€™m also accounting for the tax savings I got for the increased trade-in value that we went back and forth on, which netted me about $1600 in tax savings over selling it to Carvana.

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Just got off the phone with a dealership in texas. They are asking for 85k. For an A91 cul. If they would have met me at around msrp or 1k more I would have started the paperwork. Why so much?

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
The law of Supply & Demand on the dealersā€™ parts, and a combination of impatience and FOMO on the part of we the buyers. I oringinally had a deposit down on an Absolute Zero, and then I had the opportunity to move to a CUL for a few thousand more. That was an easy decision, but not at $85k (or $75k or $65k, but to each his or her own).

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
The law of Supply & Demand on the dealersā€™ parts, and a combination of impatience and FOMO on the part of we the buyers. I oringinally had a deposit down on an Absolute Zero, and then I had the opportunity to move to a CUL for a few thousand more. That was an easy decision, but not at $85k (or $75k or $65k, but to each his or her own).
I forgot to add ā€œgreedā€ after Supply & Demand on the dealersā€™ part above.

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
I would do 65k out the door. Any day of the week. And I totally understand supply and demand I had a 2021 sti. Those things got crazy expensive. But is anyone actually paying that 85k price tag?
I wish I could just buy one directly from toyota and have it delivered to my house.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
Just got off the phone with a dealership in texas. They are asking for 85k. For an A91 cul. If they would have met me at around msrp or 1k more I would have started the paperwork. Why so much?
I'm guessing that's the one in grapevine. They said they had multiple people "attempt" to buy it but financing keeps falling thru. My guess is a bank doesnt want to finance a car for 20k over lmao. They said they could come down a little, but wasn't even close to what I budgeted for the car. I kept calling around and finally found a 2nd CULater for 4k over (1st got totaled)

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
I'm guessing that's the one in grapevine. They said they had multiple people "attempt" to buy it but financing keeps falling thru. My guess is a bank doesnt want to finance a car for 20k over lmao. They said they could come down a little, but wasn't even close to what I budgeted for the car. I kept calling around and finally found a 2nd CULater for 4k over (1st got totaled)
That's sad that the first got totaled. Kind of makes me sick to my stomach actually. I have been on the phone with so many dealers that won't even sell to out of state residence. I get it. Just hurts not being able to find one.

Phtommie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mini van
may I ask what dealer?

Phtommie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mini van
What dealership in Texas that did 4k for u?

Phtommie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mini van
Can someone help me obtain a premium Manuel at msrp or a91-mt with 9k markup with no ad on in Texas? Iā€™m in Dallas but can drive within 300 miles. I can Zelle that person $500 in cash if it leads to me buying one. Thanks

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
Can someone help me obtain a premium Manuel at msrp or a91-mt with 9k markup with no ad on in Texas? Iā€™m in Dallas but can drive within 300 miles. I can Zelle that person $500 in cash if it leads to me buying one. Thanks
probably easier if you just look out of state lol. theres a a91 in maryland or va (i forgot which) and their markup is 10k for out of staters

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
It does not, according to Toyota. That's a tough one to integrate with a manual trans.
My ā€˜21 GLI had adaptive cruise that worked great, so itā€™s certainly doable. Like wind buffeting and unsynced dual climate control, I think Toyota just decided to make us live with it. Iā€™m personally ok with it, but their ā€œcontinuous improvementā€ seems to not include creature comfortsā€¦and we creatures are the suckers who buy their cars.
Sponsored