A91-MT buyers, what are you ACTUALLY paying?

What's the total damage?

• Under MSRP

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • MSRP

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • $1-5K over

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • $6-9K over

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • $10-14K over

• $15-19K over

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • $20-24K over

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • $25-30K over

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • A secret I'm taking to the grave

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
I paid msrp for in state. Waited 2 months for it. The dealerships that do msrp are out there
Sponsored

OP
OP
FuzzyRev

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
There are definitely some MSRP-only dealers getting A91-MT allocations.
Bingo. Some dealers have a non-negotiable corporate policy of NEVER selling anything for over MSRP, and they stick to it no matter what.
there is no verifiability to the poll
.notice there are 3 that voted “under msrp”. If there was a “$10k UNDER MSRP” option, i could click it but it wouldnt make it trueđŸ€Ł. I paid over msrp gladly as there wont be as many manuals made as i think many people are thinking
Verification posted, scroll down.
I don’t see anyone getting below MSRP considering the used market, why would they sell for less than MSRP when used value remains top dollar - it makes zero business sense for any dealer to sell below sticker. Selling above MSRP makes used values higher.

Reveal the liars under MSRP for a semi public lashing! Hahahaha
The others may be lying, but I'm not.
NO ONE is letting these go for MSRP.
I beg to differ.

Last edited:

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
Bingo. Some dealers have a non-negotiable corporate policy of NEVER selling anything for over MSRP, and they stick to it no matter what.

Verification posted, scroll down.

The others may be lying, but I'm not.

I beg to differ.

View attachment 79926
even though I know they took some off your 23, and I know your deal was for sure msrp, they might’ve offered a lower trade in for your 21. They just moving numbers around tbh

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
“The others may be lying, but I'm not.”

Yes there may be anomalies but not to the degree of votes was more of my comment. Not to one specific person.

When trading they hold trade value and can show it as a reduction in the discounting of the car to motivate selling. It’s all in how they think the customer wants to see it. They truly aren’t discounting the car. I sold cars for a decade I know all about it. So this could be why many are saying they got below MSRP. They won’t take below MSRP on a cash deal.

it’s called “bumping” the trade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FuzzyRev

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
even though I know they took some off your 23, and I know your deal was for sure msrp, they might’ve offered a lower trade in for your 21. They just moving numbers around tbh
How about no?

$58,146 was agreed upon over two months ahead of time, I had ZERO interest in trading my 2021, and they were well aware of that. I only traded at the last minute because they offered more than I expected, and when the tax savings are factored in, it became much more attractive than selling privately to a gentleman I had a pending deal with. Simplicity and convenience is worth something too.

FYI, I've worked in the industry 18 years, and for Toyota for the past ten, so my deal was a genuine employee price. It is what it is.

OP
OP
FuzzyRev

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They won’t take below MSRP on a cash deal.
The fuck they won't.

Once again, my under MSRP deal WAS the original cash selling price.

I sold cars once too, I know all the tricks.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Employee pricing is different indeed. I purchased several vehicles as an employee myself. Employee pricing isn’t available to the general public though. I was able to buy cars for less than what we would sell to the public for. Again an anomaly, not aimed at you personally. I’m sure the other “under MSRP” votes were by bumping the trade or showing trade value in a “vehicle discount” pass. Dealerships are pure business; not in the market to hand out a car for less than MSRP that they know someone will happily buy for MSRP.

Edit: Theres been many stories of markup on buyers after being “sold” an inbound car with markup not discussed and sold out from under them. A dealership is truly only about making money and not customer service unfortunately.

Last edited:

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
you got employee pricing in Wisconsin, my comment was about regular pricing in CA or CA residents attempting to purchase OOS. Prices for rwd sports cars are higher when it’s 75 and sunny all year I guess.
Location always effects car values. When I worked at the dealership we would take in cars and sell them to out of state dealerships just to make the most profit we could.

supraboostsd619

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93.5 MKIV Supra TT 6spd, 23 A91-MT CUL
Location always effects car values. When I worked at the dealership we would take in cars and sell them to out of state dealerships just to make the most profit we could.
Bit the bullet at 7.8k over, original markup was 12.5k plus BS accessories. These Cali dealers be trippin.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Bit the bullet at 7.8k over, original markup was 12.5k plus BS accessories. These Cali dealers be trippin.
What accessories did they “add”? We’re fhey actually accessories for the car or their “protection” and “crap” they charge you for and do NOTHING but give them an excuse for overcharging you to the bank.

supraboostsd619

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What accessories did they “add”? We’re fhey actually accessories for the car or their “protection” and “crap” they charge you for and do NOTHING but give them an excuse for overcharging you to the bank.
It was the VIN etch, car alarm, and something else I didnt need, oh and GAP. The first quote they gave me was a little more than 97k OTD. I took the guys pen and scratched all that BS off.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
They just hope it’s you that’s trippin’ because they won’t hesitate to try to finance you at 97k and if they can’t get a loan from a bank for it they will come back and lower your payment and strap you in for as much of that as the bank will allow. “Stealership 101” 😆

supraboostsd619

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was contacted yesterday by Earnhardt Toyota on an A91-MT for 25k over. They contacted me again this morning saying it just sold for 20k over. Crazy! Negotiating from 12.5k was already infuriating... Must be the FOMO and I will admit it does get to you.
Sponsored