First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
I see 4 cyl 200hp cars with $30k sequential trans daily. :dunno:
Ok then you guys just party different then 😳

My track car is my auto and my fun streetcar is my manual. Perfect combo for fun vs lap times.

By any chance are you the same Kern417 from YouTube with the automotive and bmw channel? If so you the man by the way. I've learned so much from you the last couple of years in reference to the B58 or upgrades in general.
Yep, thank you.
Sponsored

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A

My track car is my auto and my fun streetcar is my manual. Perfect combo for fun vs lap times.

Yep, thank you.
I agree with this set up. Automatic for track and 6MT for street fun/rowdiness. You know what's funny about manual? I work in the financial sector and very high pressure stressful job. Driving manual on the streets helps me disconnect from work because all I can think about are my gears and shifting as smoothly as possible. No time to drift off and daydream or be in my head like I do in my automatic.

Last edited:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra

Yep, I come from the off road world. If you want a trans to live, buy one that supports 1000hp and then put a 200hp engine in front of it haha. There is a car sitting about 20ft away from me right now that makes 180whp and has a $30k sequential. Kinda sad.

I have no debate in the auto vs manual thing. I daily drove manual cars for 20 years so now having an auto is nice. Or I am just getting old....

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That's not the case at all. You don't see a bunch of people swapping street cars for sequentials because it is "fun." It's usually if you're at the limit of the trans and no upgrades are available, then you go to something that can be built and handle the abuse.

Have you seen a 400hp car with a sequential?
Yes, lots of low-power cars with sequentials. My point wasn't that so much as *most* people like to play race car and dream of sequentials and paddle shifters. But when a car comes with them, then THAT isn't cool. I was laughing at the irony, not trying to join into the MT/AT debate. Paddle to race and gear lever for fun, is how I roll, too.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Yep, I come from the off road world. If you want a trans to live, buy one that supports 1000hp and then put a 200hp engine in front of it haha. There is a car sitting about 20ft away from me right now that makes 180whp and has a $30k sequential. Kinda sad.

I have no debate in the auto vs manual thing. I daily drove manual cars for 20 years so now having an auto is nice. Or I am just getting old....
There is no debate to be had. Both are excellent and have a proper place in our lives. I get it that some are not able to have both manual and automatics at home or they have to end up choosing one as their purchase which is where I think the debate comes from now a days.

Not trying to hijack the thread... ballpark how much do sequentials usually cost out of curiosity?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
There is no debate to be had. Both are excellent and have a proper place in our lives. I get it that some are not able to have both manual and automatics at home or they have to end up choosing one as their purchase which is where I think the debate comes from now a days.

Not trying to hijack the thread... ballpark how much do sequentials usually cost out of curiosity?
The ones I typically deal with are anywhere from $25k to $45k.