Petition To Toyota For Manual Transmission.

Which would affect your buying decision for the Supra, Toyota Safety Sense or a Manual Transmission?

• Total voters

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
May as well just get the M2 Comp then. You'll be giving up looks and some niceties, and probably paying more, but you will gain sharper handling and a more playful feel so it's got some benefits.
I don’t think it’s sharper or more playful. It’s got stiffer suspension.
Sponsored

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
M2's front end is stiffer/sharper for sure, so the steering response feels more lively, despite BMW's dead feel in the EPS. The M2 is also a little more "live" when pushed hard, whereas the Supra starts telegraphing info much like BMW's M-sport (ie, M40i, etc) suspensions. Stiffness or not, the behaviors give the cars distinct feels.

The front end feel is unique to the M2 Competition model. The suspension was unchanged from the regular M2, but the competition got the heavier S55 engine and the big carbon fiber front brace from the M4. That made a big difference in dialing up the sharpness of the front end.

I would be curious how the Supra responds to strut tower bracing. They don't even use the bracing that the Z4 has, and the mount holes are there and ready for use. Tada said they liked the handling better without the braces, which suggests there is some allowable chassis flex built into the Supra's feel.