GatoRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
Hello everyone,

I recently noticed on the track that my transmission won't hold the gear in manual mode with the stick to the left. If it hits the redline, it will hesitate for a short bit and then violently send you into the next gear. (Video: stick to the left to select manual mode, car in sport mode) I found this to be very strange because my previous 8ZF in BMW won't do this and it will lock you in the gear until you upshift. Does every supra do this or is there something wrong with mine? Is there anything that I can do to make it stay instead of upshift automatically?

Thanks, guys
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Trans tune can lift your Max RPM, but it will eventually shift if you're banging on the revlimiter.

Why would you want to push it past there.. You're absolutely out of good air for boost with the little hair dryer stock turbo.

OP
OP

GatoRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
Trans tune can lift your Max RPM, but it will eventually shift if you're banging on the revlimiter.

Why would you want to push it past there.. You're absolutely out of good air for boost with the little hair dryer stock turbo.
Not trying to go past the 7k RPM and I learnt about this behavior after I missed the shift point. You're right about the boost and power, but I just want it to have the correct behavior.
Sponsored