Bind spot monitor error?

Kai

First Name
Kaiwen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hi all, today I just took delivery of my 2022 Supra. Upon receipt of the car, I found out that a "Driving Assistance support reduced" error message showed up. Looking into the affected system, it shows that the blind spot monitor has an error. Has anyone encountered similar issues? The message only shows up when the speed is over 30ish mph
WeChat Image_20220324175508.jpg

The car is getting ppf right now while I am worried about this problem...
Sponsored

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
did you go into the menu for the safte systems and checked that it's switched on ?
if that's not the problem you should take it back to the dealer, the radars (located in the rear fender) may have been damaged during transport or just be faulty from the get go

PS the blind spot system is not active below a "set speed" according to the manual so this is why you don't see the message below 30mph, which seams to be the speed the system goes active

Reactions: Kai
OP
OP

Kai

First Name
Kaiwen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Thanks for the reply Thomas, the car is currently in the shop getting ppf, I will take a look to see if the blind spot monitoring is turned on when I pick up the car. I doubt that the car is damaged because the paint looks perfect, but the dealer PDI check list didn't mention any of these issues, so most likely its from the transportation.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Why does it matter if it's on or not. It's clearly giving an error.
You could check to see if it works, but what's the point. You don't want errors on dash...
Just take it back and let dealer figure it out...

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
@mokleen care to chime in about your first Sup.
Thanks @SD_MK
My first supra, I had this issue, differential lock reduced and automatic tire recognition not working.
I took the supra back under 24hrs of purchase and they tried to fix the issues. I gave them 4 days and they were bullshitting me and ended up coding out the errors, but I noticed the problems would continue to fail. Long story short - they were refusing to give me back my money after a full 96 hours of constant arguing to get my money back.

how did I do it?
I told them that if they don't give me my money back I'm going to the DMV and telling them they sold me a car with issues and won't give me my money back.

they immediately agreed and gave me my money back.

what should you do?
See if they can fix it, - I guess, if they take longer than usual to fix - something is wrong.

I would personally refuse that car and get your money back.
Use the DMV trick, if you get push back ;)

OP
OP

Kai

First Name
Kaiwen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Wow @SD_MK @mokleen, I also live in SD, I waited 3 months for the car (A91-CF) since it is from out of state. I can't really "send it back to the dealer" I guess. I also send it to get ppf already cause the paint looks so perfect I just had to protect it before going to a local dealership and possibly getting a rock chip.

Anyway I also returned a Supra to Toyota of Orange last year. The trunk got stuck 1 hour after delivery, their service guy had to brake open the rear panel inside the trunk and replace the lock.

I guess I am just unlucky...there is always some problems with my new car the day of delivery.

Do you guys know if a nearby dealer has someone I can trust to fix the issue?

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Does it stay on everytime? They may disconnected battery for whatever reason and then reconnected. Mine did this after I disconnected battery. After a couple of on and off drives it no longer exists. In short, it seems it has to recalibrate itself. Hopefully that's your case and nothing is wrong.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Wow @SD_MK @mokleen, I also live in SD, I waited 3 months for the car (A91-CF) since it is from out of state. I can't really "send it back to the dealer" I guess. I also send it to get ppf already cause the paint looks so perfect I just had to protect it before going to a local dealership and possibly getting a rock chip.

Anyway I also returned a Supra to Toyota of Orange last year. The trunk got stuck 1 hour after delivery, their service guy had to brake open the rear panel inside the trunk and replace the lock.

I guess I am just unlucky...there is always some problems with my new car the day of delivery.

Do you guys know if a nearby dealer has someone I can trust to fix the issue?
My boy Taylor in Carlsbad Toyota Service Center can take care of you - tell him Herb sent you.

Also, don't EVER buy from Kerny Mesa Toyota.