Dobermaner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Nitro Yellow 2023
Hey everyone!
Could you guys help me please to solve my "cosmetic problem". Sorry for my English, this is far from perfect but I will try to explain))
I own nitro yellow Supra couple month. And I detected black micro-micro dots on paint (about 0.3mm). I think (but not sure) that it is powder from trees. I can see a lot of these micro powder particles but if I blow on it - 99% of them will be removed.
It is possible to remove with fingernail, but it's hard to do and not every dot is removable. I just afraid to scratch my clear coat. And under these dots will be light brown spot (trace).
I tried to remove it with just washing the car with "bug and tar" shampoo and "bug and tar" remover. In my opinion nothing of these work very well, I need something more effective.
What do you think guys? What can I try to remove them safely?
Maybe try a citric shampoo with higher concentration and after a few washings it will be removed? Or maybe try a clay bar? Or WD40? Or some "magic stuff"?))
Thanks for advices.
On this picture I hold a match to understand dot's size
Screenshot_20221222-200440.png
Sponsored

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
You have some mulch laying around? Does it look like the spores from artillery fungus? Normal chemical guys soap and foam gun takes them off for me but my car is ceramic coated.

OP
OP
Dobermaner

Dobermaner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not too much, a lil bit. Mostly is grass and trees around the car.
On my old second car (it is white paint) a lot of you talking about. If I understand correctly these fungus spots looks like black mold. And it is big in diameter. On Supra it is extremely small dots. Like powder

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
I believe those are iron deposits trapped on the paint usually from the brakes. Usually happens in lighter color cars. They make solution to remove it

OP
OP
Dobermaner

Dobermaner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Powder from brakes all over the car? Even on the roof? I didn't brake so much))
I thought maybe it is from rail road. But it is delivered to dealership with no rail road.
Maybe I should soak with shampoo for 10-15 min?

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Try to clay it
If you have access to Fallout Iron removal that may also work
I have a ceramic coat so a foam bath takes all the stuff out

OP
OP
Dobermaner

Dobermaner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep, ceramic coating like teflon on the skillet))
What clay you recommend - light, medium or heavy? Can I clay just these spots or I should clay all car?

Last edited:

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Try to clay it
If you have access to Fallout Iron removal that may also work
I have a ceramic coat so a foam bath takes all the stuff out
What pikka said. Clay bar should take care of it. But honestly I would start with iron removal spray and then claybar the entire car. Make sure to do a good wax or ceramic coat it after.

Last edited:

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
Iron deposits. CarPro Iron X has been my go to for removing iron. Works flawlessly. If you decide to wind up claybarring as well, chemical decontamination (iron, tar, bug remover) is a preliminary step in the paint correcting process. Itā€™s also the safest bet to utilize prior to a general hand washing as well.

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html

OP
OP
Dobermaner

Dobermaner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very interesting! In this case I will try fallout remover first and will see on results. If not working - then try clay. I will let you guys know here. Thanks a lot!
Maybe ya'll know the answer on second question)
Second question. When I applied "bug and tar" remover on paint I used black microfiber towel. And after contact with chemicals this towel faded on my yellow paint a lil bit. And on the front bumper it looks like it was wiped with dirty towel. I tried to polish it. Scratch remover is working but very slow (thanks God I deleted the most ugly areas) . Maybe you know some chemical option to remove these stains without polishing and make clear coat thinner?

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
You donā€™t want to physically contact the paint after using a bug/tar remover. You would want to spray on the bug remover, let dwell for a few minutes, then spray off with water; never physically touching it.

Hereā€™s a channel I like when it comes to detailing. He talks about bug removers near the beginning. Everything is pretty much laid out in order of how to wash the car. (If you want to get this technical about it.)

Hereā€™s a video discussing iron/tar removers in more detail, similar to the link. @SuupYota posted earlier.

OP
OP
Dobermaner

Dobermaner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the links. Very helpful videos to understand the processes. The gentlemen clearly said everything that I need to know.
Thank you guys for replies, for advices. I will do that you recommended here and report about results. Merry Christmas šŸŽ„))

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
Could be sap from the trees, Iā€™ve seen small dots like that on cars and it was caused by small drips of sap coming from the trees

OP
OP
Dobermaner

Dobermaner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How did you fight with that?
Sponsored