JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
Hey everyone,

I have ppf and ceramic coating but don’t have time to rewatch my car from yesterday’s trip. I washed yesterday went for a long drive to work on break in and got hit by some bugs. I would like to spot clean some bugs off until I can wash the whole car on Thursday. What is my beat option to do so without scratching or mess anything up.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
Meguiars mist and wipe with clean micro fiber towel if you must. If it’s super bad like the love bugs in FL, your going to need to wash it.
No love bugs. Believe me when that season comes around the Supra will not make its way out of my garage. It’s like 3 or 4 nickel to quarter sized big splatters.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I use Griots Speed Shine, but you can use any off the shelf quick detailer and a detailing microfiber towel to remove bugs. If you get a polymer based QD, you can even use it in the sun.

Since taking ownership I have not hose washed my car.. only QD and waterless wash when needed. Same with my other weekend cars.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
You can soak some soft paper towels (or even toilet paper) in a mix of water and detail spray solution, fold it flat and lay it on the bug juice for several minutes to an hour. It should soften up everything to be wiped clean with a microfiber towel.

I saved my friend's Audi from an ostrich-sized dropping once with this method.

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Put a dryer sheet into an empty spray bottle.

Put water in.

Mix it.

Spray, and wipe the bugs away in one swoop with a microfiber towel.

Spray water on to wash off any residue.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten 3.0 Premium, 2020 Lexus RC350 FSport
I'll second what @puzzled said regarding a good quick detailer. If you want to be really sure you won't damaged the paint, hit the bug spot with a decent bug and tar remover (Chemical guys, Griots, 3D, etc) let it dwell as per bottle instructions and then spray area liberally with a QD and wipe with a good micro fibre towel.

I've recently switched to Optimum No Rinse for my washes and it has quickly become the magic juice for my detailing. I use it in varying ratios with distilled water as a pre-soak, wash, quick detailer, clay lube, pad conditioner/cleaner...etc because of how it encapsulates debris and lifts it so well.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Tungsten1stSupra - I too am a big fan of waterless washes (LOL'ed @ "magic juice" but it truly is). Sure I still rinse the underside of my daily driver after the snow season using this special wand and hose water, but after that I only use waterless.