Rock guards don’t help this spot…

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
? still getting road rash even after installing the ZL1 rock guards. Any idea what can help prevent this other than PPF? I’m not sure if PPF will help the appearance since it’s already been stoned badly ?. Would hate to see what it looks like at 20k miles, let alone 50k!

83F6B5F4-67EF-42FD-9104-E5E5A0B2E1B3.jpeg
Sponsored

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I am curious, What location of the car is pictured?
I’m assuming your wheel set up is stock? (Or do you have spacers or aftermarket wheels?)

I have ppf (but even that can look bad after a beating), I am planning to add spacers to my oem wheels (stock height) and have ordered ZL1 gaurds as i feared since tires will stick out a little more, at least the guards will help, but doesn’t look like it per the image you posted (though im sure it helps to some degree)

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I learned to just accept it. Can't always have a perfect car.. if you don't want chips, don't drive it. ??‍♂ My front end and fender panels behind the front wheels have seen better days... but if i was so protective over it, i don't feel as if i would've truly experience what the car can truly do.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I learned to just accept it. Can't always have a perfect car.. if you don't want chips, don't drive it. ??‍♂ My front end and fender panels behind the front wheels have seen better days... but if i was so protective over it, i don't feel as if i would've truly experience what the car can truly do.
That's my friend's mentality too. He owns an '08 F430 here in Dallas. While it's garage kept, he doesn't have PPF nor ceramic - just traditional wax.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am curious, What location of the car is pictured?
I’m assuming your wheel set up is stock? (Or do you have spacers or aftermarket wheels?)

I have ppf (but even that can look bad after a beating), I am planning to add spacers to my oem wheels (stock height) and have ordered ZL1 gaurds as i feared since tires will stick out a little more, at least the guards will help, but doesn’t look like it per the image you posted (though im sure it helps to some degree)
Set up is not stock, which is probably why this area is getting blasted even with the rock guards. I am running a 12mm spacer up front so I can run 275/40-18 tires on my 18" wheels.

The guards do help for sure, as other areas would get blasted but this particular area is the part just in front of the REAR wheel. So the rocks from the front wheel are causing it.

I am forced to accept it now lol or I could get it refinished... But it's going to be a track build anyways, so I shouldn't are so much about that stuff!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
You will need to have it repainted then a thick layer off PPF added. Good options on self healing PPF out there.

I added Kavaca PPF to this area. Its holding up well against rock chips.

-RJM

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You will need to have it repainted then a thick layer off PPF added. Good options on self healing PPF out there.

I added Kavaca PPF to this area. Its holding up well against rock chips.

-RJM
Since it’s already imperfect, I might as well wait longer to repaint it if I do decide to go that route. Never heard of that brand, I’ll look into it!
Sponsored