OP
OP
SupraYYJ

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
FWIW, that part of my trim looks pretty good, too. For me, the problem areas are around the quarter glass and, to a much lesser extent, above the driver and passenger windows.

I will try letting the Gummi Pflege Stift sit longer on the trim around my quarter glass and report back.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I'm also a VW guy and Gummi Pflege is the go to for German car rubber bits and seals.

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
I used carpro pearl when they started looking a little tired but have recently started to finish the car off with carpro hydro foam (which is a sealant), this appears to keep them and everything else looking good, haven't used pearl on the rubber exterior since.

Last edited:

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
This is what I use on pretty much every plastic, vinyl, rubber parts. Been using it since my S2000 back in 03. Hasnt failed me yet and doesnā€™t leave a sticky residue like armor all and the like.

Iā€™ve also heard you can wrap the trim and match it. Havenā€™t tried it yet but Iā€™ve seen it and looked Pretty good.

1634348631262.jpeg

OP
OP
SupraYYJ

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
I will try letting the Gummi Pflege Stift sit longer on the trim around my quarter glass and report back.
Letting the Gummi Pflege Stift sit for 15 minutes then applying another coat before buffing with a microfibre cloth looks like it helped a little (rightmost picture) vs. buffing after 1 minute (middle picture), but I can't get the lighting and angle of my shots close enough to say for sure:

GummiPflegeStift2.jpg

My quarter glass trim still looks worse than I'd like.

monkahead

First Name
Artur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV MY23 B48B20 (30i)
My quarter glass trim still looks worse than I'd like.
After what time did it start to look like that? I've been having my car for 5 months now and I already see color difference in the quarter glass rubber vs upper door seal trim. Washed it only twice so far. Also all rubber surfaces around the side glazing seem to scratch very easily :/

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
Ceramic coating is the way to go. It makes the trim a nice deep black with a little sheen and protects at the same time.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
I've been using the Chemical Guys solution. It's their VRP protectant -- for plastics, rubber, and vinyl. https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Clean your window trim first, then put this stuff onto an applicator and apply it generously on the trim. Wipe up any excess product and you're good to go. It made my trim have a deeper black but it doesn't look greasy or oily. The sun is pretty hard on rubber and this stuff has UV protection. I've used it on all 4 of our cars at the house for the past 2 years and it's kept the black trim on our cars looking new.

OP
OP
SupraYYJ

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
After what time did it start to look like that? I've been having my car for 5 months now and I already see color difference in the quarter glass rubber vs upper door seal trim. Washed it only twice so far. Also all rubber surfaces around the side glazing seem to scratch very easily :/
Sounds about like mine. My initial post was when I'd had the car for about 4 months.

I think the Gummi Pflege Stift helped a bit, and later 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating helped some more. It's hard to capture in photos, unfortunately, and I don't have any updated shots. Others here have suggested a ceramic coat, and I can believe that would help, but I haven't tried it myself.

I'd suggest starting with a graphene spray applied indirectly with a microfibre cloth. It's okay if you get some on the paint, it wipes off cleanly.