Blown speakers?

Fst4g63

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Has anyone noticed the rattle in the rear side speakers? Could they possibly have blown out at 6,000 miles, I don't believe they have ever been very high on the equalizer.

Let me know your thoughts I have the 1st 2 bass settings below flat to avoid the noise. It is rattling on both sides evenly, I also listen to the volume 3/4 of the way to max and never with b.t. just satellite radio at all times.

Thanks
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Has anyone noticed the rattle in the rear side speakers? Could they possibly have blown out at 6,000 miles, I don't believe they have ever been very high on the equalizer.

Let me know your thoughts I have the 1st 2 bass settings below flat to avoid the noise. It is rattling on both sides evenly, I also listen to the volume 3/4 of the way to max and never with b.t. just satellite radio at all times.

Thanks
Donā€™t think itā€™s blown speakers. There are a few videos I saw on YouTube where people upgraded their sound system and turned off the fake exhaust sound.
i typed in your question on google and saw a YouTuber, Carguy, has a video. Didnā€™t watch it as Iā€™ve seen a few of his videos and find him annoying. But YouTube would helpful.

OP
OP
Fst4g63

Fst4g63

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Donā€™t think itā€™s blown speakers. There are a few videos I saw on YouTube where people upgraded their sound system and turned off the fake exhaust sound.
i typed in your question on google and saw a YouTuber, Carguy, has a video. Didnā€™t watch it as Iā€™ve seen a few of his videos and find him annoying. But YouTube would helpful.

I did the speaker mod and it seemed to help for a few days then the new rattle. I am going to assume they are possibly blown. Kind of astonishing that it could possibly be blown on such low settings.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I did the speaker mod and it seemed to help for a few days then the new rattle. I am going to assume they are possibly blown. Kind of astonishing that it could possibly be blown on such low settings.
Take it to an audio shop. They can at least tell you right away.

OP
OP
Fst4g63

Fst4g63

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Code off ASD.
I did that too, and unplugged it also. I also looked at the price of the "jbl" speakers. Lol I am going to assume these are not really that great. Thanks for the ideas though.

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
I have noticed in my 500 miles that exact same rattle... I opened the trunk and poked around and it seems to be the mat that covers the "spare tire" area. Not on how to fix it quite yet nor does it bother me THAT much but it's on the list.

OP
OP
Fst4g63

Fst4g63

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I have noticed in my 500 miles that exact same rattle... I opened the trunk and poked around and it seems to be the mat that covers the "spare tire" area. Not on how to fix it quite yet nor does it bother me THAT much but it's on the list.
Good call I will go take it out again and go from there. Thanks for a good idea.
Sponsored