Blown Supra Speakers?

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So I noticed on the drivers side when playing specific songs that have a certain pitch it’ll make like a little “buzz” sound and I was wondering if that means they’re blown? It’s like almost a static sound it’s hard to explain but I’m concerned they can be blown? It’s only with certain songs and it’s like I can replay a song and it’ll keep doing it. It's like a bee buzzing that's the best way I can explain it! Wondering if anyone else experienced this and if I should be concerned? It's literally like a bee buzzing for a little with certain songs.

I haven’t messed with any speaker settings nor have I ever blasted them fully. I always keep 3-4 bars gray but never full volume. Anyone else experience this? Is it even possible to blow the speakers on the side of the door?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Also the car has only 500 miles it’s a brand new 2022 but I do like my music loud. Not sure if it’s all Supra speakers with specific music but once again it’s like a buzzing/razz sound kinda staticky

Last edited:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Sounds like Trump found a bee's nest.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Do you think it can be a serious issue? Or blown speakers? 😭
Buzzing in certain frequencies can mean there is something inside the door (possibly unrelated to the speaker) resonating.

It's more a nuisance than anything serious. If you're willing to pop the door cards off, you can probably pinpoint the problem.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Buzzing in certain frequencies can mean there is something inside the door (possibly unrelated to the speaker) resonating.

It's more a nuisance than anything serious. If you're willing to pop the door cards off, you can probably pinpoint the problem.
Ok i’ll keep testing stuff. if they are blown how much is it to replace them?

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i
Sounds like it a characteristic of the speakers. They are shit, mixed with shitty in cabin acoustics, the buzzing happens. I’ve got a few songs that do it on demand as well.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
The speakers are pretty good (but far from great) but the way they're set up is trash. I don't think it's even possible to blow one with the factory amp. First thing would be to work on the EQ to try to reduce a bit of the resonances that hit in the 1kHz-2kHz range, then I'd definitely recommend the Tadda modifications. Probably adding some dynamat to the doors will help, and you can check to see if possibly one of the screws isn't tight on the 4" or perhaps the tweeter is loose in it's little housing (it's hot-glued in to a plastic cup).

It's also possible that the lock pin is buzzing - mine did. Tiny amount of felt at base helped me.

Nothing will help the pretty horrible sound-staging however... outside of aftermarket DSP tuning IMO. Definitely can be improved with EQ and eliminating the "surround sound" setting though.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Sounds like it a characteristic of the speakers. They are shit, mixed with shitty in cabin acoustics, the buzzing happens. I’ve got a few songs that do it on demand as well.
Good to know I’m not the only one!!

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The speakers are pretty good (but far from great) but the way they're set up is trash. I don't think it's even possible to blow one with the factory amp. First thing would be to work on the EQ to try to reduce a bit of the resonances that hit in the 1kHz-2kHz range, then I'd definitely recommend the Tadda modifications. Probably adding some dynamat to the doors will help, and you can check to see if possibly one of the screws isn't tight on the 4" or perhaps the tweeter is loose in it's little housing (it's hot-glued in to a plastic cup).

It's also possible that the lock pin is buzzing - mine did. Tiny amount of felt at base helped me.

Nothing will help the pretty horrible sound-staging however... outside of aftermarket DSP tuning IMO. Definitely can be improved with EQ and eliminating the "surround sound" setting though.
Does yours buzz sometimes too with some songs on high volume? Also do you think it is impossible to blow them out? Just wanna make sure they aren’t blown but besides a little buzzing I don’t hear any other weird noises so could just be the songs

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Is it MP3? if so, does that same file plays buzz on other stereo system? I find more and more has to do with shitty files more than the system itself. also, all speakers do have break-in procedure. not sure if it is applicable to car audio but assume so.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
My driver's side subwoofer has "buzzed" since new. The dealer has already replaced it once and now I have to bring it in when another 3.0 is available to "compare" the sound. I have unplugged it for now, so I can at least listen to music instead of the "buzz".

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My driver's side subwoofer has "buzzed" since new. The dealer has already replaced it once and now I have to bring it in when another 3.0 is available to "compare" the sound. I have unplugged it for now, so I can at least listen to music instead of the "buzz".
Oh wow…do you recommend i get them replaced then and how much was it?

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Is it MP3? if so, does that same file plays buzz on other stereo system? I find more and more has to do with shitty files more than the system itself. also, all speakers do have break-in procedure. not sure if it is applicable to car audio but assume so.
I use spotify so i know it’s not the file :/

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Also would yours buzz all the time with any song or just certain songs/frequencies? Mines only with certain songs or when a certain sound plays
Sponsored