Blown Supra Speakers?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Have you coded out the fake engine noises yet? That makes a huge difference.
Sponsored

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Oh wow…do you recommend i get them replaced then and how much was it?
In my case it wasn't the speaker (they replaced it and it still buzzes)...I suspect the amp, but have yet to have Toyota properly diagnose it.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Also would yours buzz all the time with any song or just certain songs/frequencies? Mines only with certain songs or when a certain sound plays
The signal going to the speaker is faulty (my guess). It buzzes even at low volume...most songs with heavy bass. the passenger side doesn't buzz at all...clean bass.

OP
OP

timmygogdon

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The signal going to the speaker is faulty (my guess). It buzzes even at low volume...most songs with heavy bass. the passenger side doesn't buzz at all...clean bass.
Oh mines just certain songs and at high volume never at low and it’s not consistent it goes away it’s just certain beats i guess. doesn’t do it on the passenger just driver but yeah yours seem to be an issue. have you ever tried making the volume? i’ve only ever gotten close to max but never fully blasted it

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Does yours buzz sometimes too with some songs on high volume? Also do you think it is impossible to blow them out? Just wanna make sure they aren’t blown but besides a little buzzing I don’t hear any other weird noises so could just be the songs
There's so many possibilities it's hard to tell with just "buzzing" noise - is it obviously coming from right where the speaker is, or is it just "in that area"? It could be as simple as some of the wiring has come loose from the clips, or a bit of the "damping" (more like two drops of gasket goop) was missed and until you hit the right frequency at the right volume it's not enough energy to excite the problem area.

I'd say the first step would be to pull your door card and then play a song you know causes the problem... then see if putting your finger on anything in that area stops it. If so, hot glue, zip ties, etc. might be all you need... if not, then at least you've familiarized yourself with 90% of the work required to replace the drivers themselves. ;) And if pulling the door card makes it disappear - then it's probably either the lock cable, the door mechanism, or the lock pin that's buzzing.

Oh and in direct answer to your question... there's so many rattles and buzzes elsewhere in my interior - whether I'm listening to the stereo or not - that I couldn't say for sure. I'll be playing whack-a-mole with those for the rest of my life most likely. :(

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Mine buzzes even when it's Sport mode, music off - pumped in audio. Hard to believe so many people have the same issue from the same speaker/woofer.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Not sure how relevant it is, but in a previous car I had, I was experiencing a buzzing sound from one of my speakers with certain songs. After a massive investigation, it turned out that one of the speaker mounting screws was lose and caused the buzzing sound at certain frequencies. Annoying af!
Sponsored