Blown Stock Turbo? Ways to go?

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Remnant Performance drops tomorrow at 12pm. Just another option. Comes with an intake, charge pipe, a heatshield, a turbo, and a 2 week shipping time (jk).

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
@Maverick If your turbo is still building boost I’d look at the valve cover and pcv system, very prone to failures and will smoke a lot
I thought of this too. Bogging right off idle is usually an airflow/vacuum problem. Seeing white smoke is worrisome but a hose could've popped off somewhere. Also could be the turbo failing slowly, going into boost a few more times might make it completely dead and cause total shaft failure :(

OP
OP
Maverick

Maverick

First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20" Supra LE #1164, 15" Mustang CO
So i'll take a second look at the PCV, i know there was a boost leak but was confirmed that the rear piston ring seal failed and the CHRA was damaged so i have less worries about the engine. The stock turbo is getting rebuild and then i'll go down the path if i want to keep the car. I have bad anexity after one thing break even though i might have caused it.

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
So i'll take a second look at the PCV, i know there was a boost leak but was confirmed that the rear piston ring seal failed and the CHRA was damaged so i have less worries about the engine. The stock turbo is getting rebuild and then i'll go down the path if i want to keep the car. I have bad anexity after one thing break even though i might have caused it.
Stock turbo seal rebuild isn't the worst. Just make sure when driving hard that your oil is good and up to temp.

Charge piping will likely need to be cleaned of oil residue since it blew some under boost.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0