Bm3 tune issues

Samuelnogo

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota Supra
Hey guys, I’ve got a 2022 Toyota Supra that I got in august and I ordered the dme unlock package from a90 shop. It comes with a bm3 lisense and a catless downpipe.

After installing the downpipe and putting the unlocked dme in, I flashed the tune and fired up the car,this where things went wrong. I got a check engine light which threw a code (135808 Valvetronic servomotor, position sensors, electrical: Malfunction). The car was rough idling, very very smelly, and making a clunking ticking front near to the catless downpipe area. I put the car back to the stock tune and it seem like rough idle wasn’t so back and the ticking noise went mostly away. So I took the car around the block to help with recharging the battery and the car would stall when coming to stop and mpg was very low.
I’ve checked all the connections multiple time along all the areas I worked around very carefully and everything seems tight and secure. Has anyone ever experienced this or know what may be the problem?
Sponsored

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
I'm no tune expert by any means, but it sounds like the DME isn't fully connected properly. If the only things you touched was the downpipe and the DME to disconnect it, Im going to go with it is one of those.

Or your DME is screwed maybe? If you flashed stock and its still running bad, that's the only thing I can think ok.

OP
OP

Samuelnogo

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota Supra
I went again and checked my connections to the dme to no avail. I’m still stuck on what may have caused this.

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
Look At the connectors from the side, if all even, fully connected.

OP
OP

Samuelnogo

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota Supra
Which connectors are you referring to?

OP
OP

Samuelnogo

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota Supra
I’m going to unplug it all and plug it back in and put the battery on a trickle charger and check back in tmrw and try again. I read somewhere that the sensors can act up when the battery does not have a full charge.

OP
OP

Samuelnogo

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota Supra
Update: I reconnected the plugs to the dme and took the car battery off a trickle charger. The car initially seemed wierd on fire up. But sounded a lot better once it warmed up. The code popped up again and I cleared it. I put it in reverse and two more messages popped up rear camera sensor and side protection. But they went away after a few minutes of driving. I seem to be in the clear. All I needed was a fully charged battery. I’ll update if anything changes.
Sponsored