BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage Concept

Faxanadu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Really see a lot of FT1 in this concept every time i look at that hood.
Sponsored

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I agree, a lot if similarities. Still no signs of a new Z4 or Z5. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if this is what ends up coming out of the BMW/Toyota partnership. With a second concept debutting seems like this might get built as well.

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
wtf is BMW thinking with all that tacked on looking stuff. I'm sure it's all functional, but please Toyota come out with a Supra based closely on the FT-1 and show the BMW designers how functional derived styling can still look nice and integrated.

EvoX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo
But is this actually built on a whole new platform? I don't remember reading that it was.

^ I agree, a lot if similarities. Still no signs of a new Z4 or Z5. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if this is what ends up coming out of the BMW/Toyota partnership. With a second concept debutting seems like this might get built as well.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure if they have mentioned it but looks like this is built on an M4 platform. The FT-1 is built on an RC-F platform I believe.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
My guess is that this concept could preview a more hardcore M4 variation.

Scuba Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S4
Not sure if they have mentioned it but looks like this is built on an M4 platform. The FT-1 is built on an RC-F platform I believe.
So not even built on the fancier more advanced CLAR platform. So basically it's just a styling exercise :( I disappointed.

Scuba Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S4
wtf is BMW thinking with all that tacked on looking stuff. I'm sure it's all functional, but please Toyota come out with a Supra based closely on the FT-1 and show the BMW designers how functional derived styling can still look nice and integrated.
Seriously. Compare the FT-1 Concept to this M4 Concept, 100% of people polled would pick the FT-1.

JJR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CT200
My guess is that this concept could preview a more hardcore M4 variation.
But the M4 GTS concept they also revealed at Pebble Beach is the more hardcore M4 variation. This can't be another M4. BMW does all kinds of styling exercise concepts that never get built.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
But the M4 GTS concept they also revealed at Pebble Beach is the more hardcore M4 variation. This can't be another M4. BMW does all kinds of styling exercise concepts that never get built.
Of course it can, its main competitor MB offers quite a bit of different variations, versions, special editions, and etc with the C AMG.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
BMW Is Cooking A New CSL Model For 2016, Says Report

BMW.jpg

While we’re still waiting for the BMW M2 to pop up at any time, new reports indicate of a more brutal and hardcore series being cooked by BMW.
lightweight monster.

In fact, the models are still mentioned by diehard BMW aficionados as being the automobiles that made lightweight performance history for the brand; the climax of the German car manufacturer. And for good reason, because CSL is for BMW what GTO is for Ferrari.

Until now, the E9 3.0 CSL along with the E46 M3 CSL were the only two cars crowned with the desirable badge, but that’s about to change soon.

Information provided by a high-profile user (and possibly, a BMW insider) onBimmerforums named Scott26 , reports that one or more new CSL models are coming, with the first to be shown in 2016.

This car will sport some styling ideas as seen on the Hommage concept to differentiate from the standard M cars through rad body-kit enhancements. Nevertheless, the CSL cars won’t be all about brute power, as they will be also used as test labs, as the for member states:

"CSL cars will not only be the most extreme variants but will also be used as the innovation test lab to test new and exciting innovation to enhance performance but meeting legislation. That includes variations of Power eDrive that have been developed to enhance and assist performance whilst delivering exceptional sustainability.CSL cars will be innovative in using lightweight materials, the BMW M4 GTS has its upper body completely fabricated with CFRP. And BMW have done additional developments with parts of the M4 chassis also using CFRP in reference to Motorsport purpose, but it would not be unthinkable for application within a road car."
To put it simply, the CSL moniker will continue its heritage to blend motorsport innovations with conventional road cars, creating awesome machines in the process.

Be that as it may, it’s not yet clear which cars will receive the CSL treatment, but the information hints at both the M4 model and at the upcoming M2 – which isn’t directly mentioned, but it’s very likely that it will get a CSL variant.

A possible M4 CSL could use the same ideas as the GTS model (water injection and whatnot), but distinguish itself further by an increase in weight reduction and BMW’s latest gizmos, such as an E-Boost system as seen in the CSL Hommage. Additionally, a CSL model could come equipped with motorsport-enhanced goodies that aren't available right-now on BMW road cars, such as carbon-fiber wheels, steering wheel and suspension components.

Yes, we know. We can barely stop drooling too.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/bmw-is-cooking-new-csl-model-for-2016.html

Scino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 WRX Limited, 2015 GLA250 AMG Sport
Hear the BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage R engine roar during Paris event [video]

Will remain a concept

BMW brought its impressive 3.0 CSL Hommage R to a special event in Paris and they also fired up the engine to the delight of the gathered audience mesmerized by the design.

The concept made its debut more than a month ago in North America at Pebble Beach and it's basically a racing version of the original 3.0 CSL Hommage concept that was shown earlier this year at Concours d’Eleganza Villa d’Este. Don't get your hopes up too high as there aren't any plans for a production version since the two interesting concepts were developed primarily as a tribute to the iconic 3.0 CSL which this year is celebrating its 40th anniversary.

BMW has so far refused to provide details about the engine, but they did say it's an inline-six that benefits from eBoost technology and you can hear it has a very aggressive tone even when idle. It appears the concept is fully functional and according to the Bavarian marque it portraits the "perfect fusion of driver and machine."
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115092599422/hear-the-bmw-30-csl-hommage-r-engine-roar-during-paris
Sponsored