Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 refraction blue Supra 2003 Mitsubishi Evo
Ask yourself what void in your life will this BMW M2CS fill? LOL

You've made up your mind, you tried the Supra and moving on. You won't lose money on the A91, just trading it for a M2CS now. JUST DO IT
The m2 was taken to a auction ? they said they will let me know if it doesn’t sell
Sponsored

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
The m2 was taken to a auction ? they said they will let me know if it doesn’t sell
This is a used car? Damn $95k car at auction, plus fees. I would feel confident it will come back unsold

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Almost a $100K for an M2 just seems high to me. Especially with what you can buy at or near that price range (GTS 4.0, C8/Z51, upcoming Emira, etc, etc). I feel like the Supra is a better overall value and much more distinctive design. Performance wise, it's almost a wash. Unless you absolutely love the M2CS then I would look at other options.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Couple of things to consider:

Financially: $100k for an M2CS is a lot. As many people mentioned here, you're better off looking at an Emira or a GT4, or maybe even a used 911 or a GT500 with the $20k track pack or something like that. In my opinion, the M2CS is simply outclassed by others in the $100k price range. An M2CS will retain its value on resale, but even with the collector car status, you're probably not going to be getting more than $75k back (maybe for about 5-10 years, I'm not going to predict what ICE cars will be worth once everything is electric).

Aesthetics/styling/looks: you got a refraction blue Supra. Almost nobody will care about an M2CS next to it, realistically speaking (most non-car people see "just another BMW" and "IS THAT A SUPRA?" and even car guys tend to flock the Supra as well -- I doubt even car guys will easily tell you have a CS vs an M2C from first glance). So you gotta answer: subtlety or eye-catching attention?

The drive: the Supra rides lower and is lighter, while the CS has the manual and is probably one the best M cars BMW has made. Up to you really.

Practicality: Pick whichever fits your needs.

The question you gotta answer for yourself is: are whatever benefits you expect from an M2CS over the (in your case, rather rare) Supra worth $40k more?

Last edited:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase

Financially: $100k for an M2CS is a lot. As many people mentioned here, you're better off looking at an Emira or a GT4, or maybe even a used 911 or a GT500 with the $20k track pack or something like that. In my opinion, the M2CS is simply outclassed by others in the $100k price range. An M2CS will retain its value on resale, but even with the collector car status, you're probably not going to be getting more than $75k back (maybe for about 5-10 years, I'm not going to predict what ICE cars will be worth once everything is electric).

Aesthetics/styling/looks: you got a refraction blue Supra. Almost nobody will care about an M2CS next to it, realistically speaking (most non-car people see "just another BMW" and "IS THAT A SUPRA?" and even car guys tend to flock the Supra as well -- I doubt even car guys will easily tell you have a CS vs an M2C from first glance). So you gotta answer: subtlety or eye-catching attention?

The drive: the Supra rides lower and is lighter, while the CS has the manual and is probably one the best M cars BMW has made. Up to you really.

The question you gotta answer for yourself is: are whatever benefits you expect from an M2CS over the (in your case, rather rare) Supra worth $40k more?
You do make an interesting point about the value of ICE cars. I have been curious what will happen to them once gas stations become a thing of the past...

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
You do make an interesting point about the value of ICE cars. I have been curious what will happen to them once gas stations become a thing of the past...
As the owner of two plug in hybrid vehicles, I simply don't see how the infrastructure will be there in 5-10 years to make such a massive switch to pure EV. I just don't see gas stations dying off that fast.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
As the owner of two plug in hybrid vehicles, I simply don't see how the infrastructure will be there in 5-10 years to make such a massive switch to pure EV. I just don't see gas stations dying off that fast.
The infrastructure cant even keep up with how things are now. We get rolling blackouts because they cant keep up with the load. Now imagine a million cars fast charging at the same time.... I think even 10 years isnt going to be enough time. CA is going to have a rude awakening in 2035 when you can only buy new EVs but no one can charge them.

VegasSpeed97

First Name
Ryland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC 350, RX350

I was looking at the M2 Comp and the Supra and practical use there is a back seat(however small) and a bigger truck. It does have a manual gearbox which is nice. Honestly, if it was an even trade for that CS I would have done it for the limited quantity of those plus the original price tag. The refraction blue A91 is nice but I would have to lean towards an M2.

My 13 year old said this too. All BMWs look the same to him. I think that is where the Supra shines for uniqueness. If you are tracking the car than the M2CS is the way to go also. both have similar types of engines coming from the same German company. Great comparison poll to discuss I think.

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium
My 13 year old said this too. All BMWs look the same to him.
Lol seriously, BMW M's are hindered by their homogenous design (ironic for a German company ?) since the only people who will appreciate the nicer models need to really know about BMWs.

I grew up thinking that BMW was a wealth indicator, but when it came time to buying my first car I was so confused, asking myself why these boring looking cars are so hyped up.
Took years for me to see their charm, and fall in love with the E46 M3

VegasSpeed97

First Name
Ryland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC 350, RX350
BMW cars are hit or miss. If you have had one that you appreciate the sports sedan charm that they are. I had a 335i before and loved it but I also knew that after 6 years that car would be a bust and probably cost a lot to fix up. They do tend to look all the same now that I look at them. What is even stranger to me is they have an SUV or SAV for X1 all the way to X7 now. How is it possible to have that many car segments in the SUV field area? 7 different sizes and shapes for that is wild.

I still like the M2 comp a lot. I may still buy one if the opportunity comes up but not for above sticker.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Wonder if OP bought it?

No bigger bmw fan than me. Own several now including m3
Have to admit bmw styling fell asleep last decade. Looks no better than a Honda Accord

I think now they have woke up w 6,8,3,4 series all being cutting edge if not polarizing
Sponsored