BMW released Pricelist for G29 Z4 - Prediction for A90 Supra pricing

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
They have tough competition at the $50k mark in the premium segment. The Q60 3.0T starts at $45,000, Q60 red sport starts at $52,000, 440i at $51,000, the M240i at $45,000, M2 at $58,000, and countless others that I dont care to google right now.
And thats without mentioning the Mustang, Camaro, and future Z in the sports car segment.
Meh, I'm not cross shopping any of those cars tbh. Although the BMW models are appealing, I don't want to deal with the reliability issues nor the cost of ownership. Infiniti just doesn't do it for me. The American models are too common and unappealing at this point.
Sponsored

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Meh, I'm not cross shopping any of those cars tbh. Although the BMW models are appealing, I don't want to deal with the reliability issues nor the cost of ownership. Infiniti just doesn't do it for me. The American models are too common and unappealing at this point.
Of course not all of these cars are for everyone, they are just examples of other cars Toyota is up against when pricing the car.
There are several business decisions to make at this point.

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi A4 B9, 15' Toyota Hilux Invincible X 3.0
The M2 Competition is 52k ā‚¬ with MT and 55.8k ā‚¬ with DCT. So now we know the Z4 M40i is 51,2k ā‚¬ with 8-Speed ZF.

Thatā€™s why I think the Supra with I6 and ZF will be a few thousand GBP lower than the M2.
I do hope so to be honest. I think the I6 (only one I am really interested in), will be priced starting from Ā£42,000 at base, which I wouldn't mind. Gives me some space for options. I'm hoping they will have good offers for them when my current car goes back

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Why so negative again? I think 50k US$ is not so far from reality. I donā€™t think the Supra will flop.
US Toyota dealers are under the impression they are getting a golden goose. Theyā€™ll drive the AMV up and make this car an expensive / tough aquisition. It wonā€™t be until the carā€™s been in the market for a while that those AMVs will subside / not exist. By that time.. given that this car just wants to cater to the guy that wants a BMW M2 or a Cayman but only in auto... market reach is tiny. Both the other cars it competes with have a proper gear box option. So.. coupling dealer behavior, Toyota USA wanting only a loaded model, no manual.. will result in a very focused buyer that doesnā€™t exist in herds and have a ton of other options. So.. Iā€™d be glad to hear otherwise...

Also.. can we agree that this car will not appeal to 90% of A80 owners. MKV is only a Supra by name, there is nothing JDM about it..

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
As much as I would like to believe,

I dont know if this car will reach above $60,000 or even $65,000.
But it will with dealerships marking it up with "market adjustment"

Toyota cant release it above $60,000. It would be conflicting with the RCF. They would hedge each other which is something that does not favor the RCF.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
A90 will start at 46K. Calling it now lol. 4-cylinder model will be less

Last edited:

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
If Toyota absorbs some of the currency differential and sells the I6 reasonably equipped (ie with the adaptive shocks and e-diff and at least 18" wheels) in Canada for about $52k CAD it should do well here - that would be about $5k more than a 370Z Nismo, ~$13K less than base Vette or Cayman.

Last edited:

Bimyota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo, 1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster
It's going to be interesting to see the lease deals on the M40i. It may be a good bang for the buck alternative to the M2, which is a leasing disaster (full M cars never have good lease terms).

Z4s historically have been lease bargains a couple of years into the run just to get them to move, so 18-24 months in may be the best time to look. If it gets close to $500/mo, that's a lot of car for the scratch. I'd be all in.

FYI, on a side note - the E89 sDrive35is rang up to $72k fully optioned back when it was released. Looks like this car will be a bit lower.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Itā€™s a guess. Not a joke either lol. I think A70 mentioned that one of his sources stated that Supra would apparently be priced 20k more than the MSRP of the GT86
that's true, but I assumed it was for the 4cyl (if that's still in the cards).

OP
OP
Mike Myers

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
It's going to be interesting to see the lease deals on the M40i. It may be a good bang for the buck alternative to the M2, which is a leasing disaster (full M cars never have good lease terms).

Z4s historically have been lease bargains a couple of years into the run just to get them to move, so 18-24 months in may be the best time to look. If it gets close to $500/mo, that's a lot of car for the scratch. I'd be all in.

FYI, on a side note - the E89 sDrive35is rang up to $72k fully optioned back when it was released. Looks like this car will be a bit lower.
There is a fully equipped First Edition of the Z4 M40i and that one is about 63k ā‚¬ in Germany (without VAT). The most expensive feature on this car is the frozen color, thatā€™s about 2,800 ā‚¬ plus taxes.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Now several hours later, looking at the $52k CAD hoped-for price I suggest above, I'm thinking "Yeah, right - never going to happen".
Sponsored