Boost logic valved exhaust noise levels

Spdrmn15

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium
I've been searching but have not been able to find an answer. Does anyone have any actual decibel readings with the boost logic exhaust? I'm leaning towards getting it, but I'm worried it might be too loud for some of the tracks I intend to take the car to in NorCal.
Sponsored

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I talked to someone last weekend at Supra Sunday who said "The valves do literally nothing. Wish I would have saved $500 and got it without them" ?

Can any one else confirm or deny? Lol

SupraJay

First Name
Jasson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MKV
I talked to someone last weekend at Supra Sunday who said "The valves do literally nothing. Wish I would have saved $500 and got it without them" ?

Personally I think it goes from “really loud” to just “loud” when you switch to comfort at least from the inside lol. I’ve never heard my exhaust from the outside but the valves do make difference

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Not sure about boost logic specifically, but they absolutely do change things. Quite a bit. It is possible to code the valves open/closed with JB4, BimmerCode, and a tune. Perhaps this is the case? Though I think boost logic specifically has it's own valve system.

Mk5Frank

First Name
franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 type r, 2021 supra
Uhhh the boost logic valves do nothing

the sound is the same literally lol

jorgerendonjr

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scion F-RS RS1.0

hey bro,that is exactly how I feel about my FI exhaust, not sure if it’s placebo but when I come around to putting on the carbon tips I’ll look into it more.

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350

confirmed

i am catless with the valved version and it's loud as fuck no matter what.. at least until you get a warm idle

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
Not sure about boost logic specifically, but they absolutely do change things. Quite a bit. It is possible to code the valves open/closed with JB4, BimmerCode, and a tune. Perhaps this is the case? Though I think boost logic specifically has it's own valve system.
it's just dual valves with a little harness that plugs into one valve to splice the wiring over to the second, still controlled by the sport button but i imagine it could be coded.. although i don't think it'd be worth the effort.

OP my car is cold right now I can run out to the parking garage and take a vid for you if you'd like

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
IS this or the Fi system louder I've seen varying opinions?

OP
OP

Spdrmn15

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium
I'm hoping to get an actual decibel reading. The tracks I'll be taking the car to at some point has a 92 decibel limit. I've watched lots of videos but it's hard to tell how loud it will actually be.

Does anyone in the bay area have this exhaust?

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
hey bro,that is exactly how I feel about my FI exhaust, not sure if it’s placebo but when I come around to putting on the carbon tips I’ll look into it more.
It's definitely one of the quieter exhausts I've owned in my life. I'm working on switching to catless for that reason tbh

mmmmkv

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
i will also say the valves do nothing

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 RB A91, 2020 X3M, 2006 S2000
My FI exhaust is nearly silent with the valves closed, and that's with a catless downpipe. Sounds like your valves aren't working correctly.
Sponsored