Boot (Trunk) Strut failure

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
https://www.ebay.com/itm/296123819677

If they're willing to ship to the UK, try these. Just put them on my car as I experienced exactly what you did. I have a streethunter wing & it wouldn't stay open without help. These are extremely strong, fit like OEM and good quality
Thanks for sharing. I just ordered a pair to a friends house in the US. Will collect in the spring.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Crimzon_Skyz

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
Thanks for sharing. I just ordered a pair to a friends house in the US. Will collect in the spring.
Did you attempt UK first mate or just took the opportunity to utilise your friend right away?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Why is everyone in the UK so worried about shipping? I shipped something from Canada to the UK for like $20 USD.

OP
OP
Crimzon_Skyz

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
Just a small Update: Emerald Struts completely ignored me in regards to seeking there product to fit, not even "we dont want to help" type email.

Not used the car much due to a mixture of terrible weather and working from home so cant update on the effects of temperature on the struts at the moment.

In regards to postage i think the problem we have is understanding import duties and if you're going to get stung on top of the delivery charge when it arrives. On top of that i personally dont know where to start with product support and returns when its inevitably faulty.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Why is everyone in the UK so worried about shipping? I shipped something from Canada to the UK for like $20 USD.
Hey, I know you shared some good insight previously, I think for me (can't speak for everyone) it is mainly because of the impact of brexit leaving the EU over the last few years and how it has changed the entire world of shipping for us over here, still adapting, I get paranoid about it as everytime we get something outside the UK now we never really know what to expect and we can suddenly get hit by charges.

Klattu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Current: Toyota Supra GR pro
Very pleased with them, seems well made..... how long they're gonna last....is anyone's guess

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Does it stop the trunk\boot from closing after you've popped it and then close the drivers door? That's my main annoyance.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Does it stop the trunk\boot from closing after you've popped it and then close the drivers door? That's my main annoyance.
Windows down prevent this. Not a solution but maybe helpful.

OP
OP
Crimzon_Skyz

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
Ive had the boot closure issue for a long time. As stated by J29DB03 windows down or door open stops it because its an air pressure issue. Once you close the door it forces the air to lift the hatch and its just enough for it to latch back down which is infuriating. One thing you can do is adjust the rotational stoppers protruding from the plastic light cover so they are higher. I did this and it didnt change anything but many people on the forum have had good results. Mine are at the maximum the thread allows and it still locks but i think thats because of the failing struts.

Klattu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Current: Toyota Supra GR pro
Yes they do..... just tested it 👍
Sponsored