Brake lines pinch?

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
This may be a very stupid question but I'm taking off my calipers and the brake lines seem pretty hard. Will standard brake line pinchers or whatever they're called work ok without damaging the lines? I'm talking about the line going to the caliper, not the steel lines on the calipers...

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had the same concern, I ended up just using some silicone cone plugs, worked perfectly and cheap off amazon.

1696026368512.png

OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Thanks bro, anyone else remove their calipers? I found ONE video on YT and he pinched with hose clamps…

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I will never trust brake line clamps. Bleeding brakes isn't hard.

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I have swapped them several times. And you do not pinch lines. Pull the caliper and hang on the side with line connected. If connecting old line then swap the caliper side first to avoid too much fluid running out. Then the top line side. So it is not open for that long. I also have used the plugs but it is easier if you just sequence everything so new lines etc are connected to caliper first and rerouted before you disconnect on the car side. Then it is just a matter of getting the line back on as fast as you can on the top side . I just place a big oil pan under as no matter how you do it it is kind of messy.

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Here is a pic of the rear swap. The old one was hanging with line connected. New one with new line was connect on caliper. and already on the rotors etc. last I swapped the top line
IMG_1443.jpeg

OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Here is a pic of the rear swap. The old one was hanging with line connected. New one with new line was connect on caliper. and already on the rotors etc. last I swapped the top line
IMG_1443.jpeg
what kit is that? I might go with a new brake set up but it’s hell findingone for a decent price…

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
This was a year in the making. It us a custom built kit. I had a person who makes race brake kits design it. Had to but a front and rear knuckle forhim to make brackets and fit them. These are about the biggest brakes that you can get in there. 15 “ rotors all the way around 6 piston front 4 piston rear. I had issues with cracking front rotors. With old big brake kit as it really was not set up for the levels I was running in TT. Problem with all of these is replacement rotors as they all want a huge amount of money and you are stuck with the kit maker once you get it as rotors are not interchangeable. And then trying to just get them. This level is not needed for most set ups. And everyone has options on wilwood. But now i at least can get all parts easily and prices are more reasonable. If you are interested I can connect you just send me private message. But these are big $

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
This is what it looks like with 18” apex wheels. No spacer required. Also when you do this you have no parking/ e brake. So is way down the rabbit hole.
IMG_1441.jpeg
Sponsored