Brake screeching

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Totally normal for these cars, won't cause any damage, and try doing some quick swerves like this to flex the wheels & rotors a bit and see if it doesn't just fall out on its own.

BleakLinearHen-size_restricted.gif
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Ah fun

I'm 20 miles away from work. What would you recommend. Call dealership or do something else?
Drive around a corner fast and brake hard. Itā€™ll come out eventually.
They usually get stuck after rain fall

BigRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 A90
Did you get it fixed?

Happened to me on my holiday while I was driving like mad in the mountains :D
Horrible experience, at first I thought my brakes are gone and I had to drive through a really quiet and cozy village while my brakes were screeching like there is no tomorrow to get to my hotel.

After doing some research I found out that there just might be a small stone that does that noise so I tried my best to get rid of it.
Reverse, brake, reverse brake but it didnā€™t work.
After driving for like 15 miles with a horrible sound and ppl looking at me like Iā€™m an idiot the stone fell out and it was all good. No damage to the brakes and the show could go on

OP
OP
calmeda1

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Did you get it fixed?
Yessir! I used tools from my work's machine shop to try to poke it out. After that, I just moved the car back and forth at the parking lot for a while until I heard it drop. It was a decently sized rock.

Removed the wheel on Sunday, and no damage to the rotor! You could see the dent on the shield, but I don't care about it lol
Sponsored