Braking problems

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
This has actually happened to me before. My hand slipped and I was in manual mode without knowing it—so when I stopped for the light I was still jerking forward even while slamming as hard as I could on the brakes. Thankfully no one was in front of me but I ended up half a car over the line.
I still don't understand how or why the car would jerk forward even in manual mode unless your foot was on both the gas pedal and brake pedal?
Sponsored

allenh427

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
What are the chances when you attempted to press the brake with 2 feet (really?), that your right foot edge also pressed the gas pedal...

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
What are the chances when you attempted to press the brake with 2 feet (really?), that your right foot edge also pressed the gas pedal...
I think that was a possibility with other instances years ago. That and floor mats. That's why all floor mats have those clips now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
songbong

songbong

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 370z, 2021 MKV Supra
I mean I honestly dont think I did, cus I was braking like normal and didn't use both my feet until I release the car jerking forward

OP
OP
songbong

songbong

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is quite insane. Please keep us posted.
Yeah I was honestly just at a loss for words and it just completely ruined my day, especially after only a month of owning it. Will definitely keep yall posted, have it kept in a warehouse right now til i can take it to the dealership next week.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Definitely very odd.

Usually when the emergency brake comes on, the radar detects too fast speed with imminent collision ahead.

What you will feel, is the automated abs applying the front brakes with an on and off grinding sensation.

The fact you have said you had both feet on the brake, could have meant one foot has also involuntarily pressed the accelerator pedal.

Only data logs will show that from the ecu.

Last edited:
OP
OP
songbong

songbong

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Definitely very odd.

Usually when the emergency brake comes on, the radar detects too fast speed with imminent collision ahead.

What you will feel, is the automated abs applying the front brakes with an on and off grinding sensation.

The fact you have said you had both feet on the brake, could have meant one foot has also involuntarily pressed the accelerator pedal.

Only data logs will show that from the ecu.
I mean like I was telling someone earlier, I didn't think I was. I was braking like normal with just one foot there was no acceleration, and then as I'm almost to a stop to all of a sudden the car accelerated, E-braked accelerated, accelerated, bam

A90 Zero

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 BRZ, 2020 Supra
Songbong -
Did you learn anything more?
I ran some errands today, parked the car and was inside a store for about 10 minutes.
I came outside, started the car and left my foot on the brake while I shifted into reverse.
Before I shifted, the engine speed was 1,000 rpm.
When I shifted, the engine speed jumped to 4,000 rpm and stayed there. I shifted into park and shut the engine off.
I immediately restarted the engine and everything was normal. The whole time I had my foot on the brake and never touched the accelator pedal. My floor mat was secure and did not touch the pedal.
My vehicle did not move since I had my foot on the brake the whole time, but the experience was very disconcerting.

OP
OP
songbong

songbong

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Songbong -
Did you learn anything more?
I ran some errands today, parked the car and was inside a store for about 10 minutes.
I came outside, started the car and left my foot on the brake while I shifted into reverse.
Before I shifted, the engine speed was 1,000 rpm.
When I shifted, the engine speed jumped to 4,000 rpm and stayed there. I shifted into park and shut the engine off.
I immediately restarted the engine and everything was normal. The whole time I had my foot on the brake and never touched the accelator pedal. My floor mat was secure and did not touch the pedal.
My vehicle did not move since I had my foot on the brake the whole time, but the experience was very disconcerting.
I got it checked out and they didnt see anything wrong with it so I just ended up thinking I fat footed it and pressed the brakes and gas at the same time. I haven't had it happen to me again since then.
Sponsored