Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Hi guys,

Next week am about to do a trade and am wondering what's everyone's opinion on buying a current my20 supra new or should I wait and put in order for my21?

Tia.
Sponsored

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
I got a 2020 and I am quite happy. I know the 2021 has more power, but the 10k+ price difference (out the door) didn't seem worth it. I kept my focus RS since I still wanted something that could move things, but toy with selling it everyday haha. Comparing the two, the supra is much more comfortable, and feels faster even though the focus allegedly has more power. Also it feels a little more special, and the interior is vastly better. The transmission is also good enough that I don't have a burning desire to have a stick shift. With that said, if you keep cars for a while maybe the extra premium for the 2021 is worth it, if you plan on keeping it stock.

If you plan on modifying it then that is a completely different argument. I would say 2020 and put the rest into mods.

OP
OP
Paolo

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Kudos for the detailed reply.
Will do a test drive next week and hopefully the my20 will be in garage next week this time..
Thanks

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
21' Supra 3.0, 23' Z Perf, 14' Toyota 86
Hi guys,

Next week am about to do a trade and am wondering what's everyone's opinion on buying a current my20 supra new or should I wait and put in order for my21?

Tia.
Honestly if you don't care for the extra power, different exhaust note, and $$$. The 2020 is the right pick. I chose the 2021 because I wanted the extra power. I did really like the character of the 2020 exhaust over the more tame 2021.

OP
OP
Paolo

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
To be honest, I am not so much a stats whore, so I gather a tune should give some more power, if I so choose this path in the future which most times I do not... hehehe

Just some further questions if I may:

1. Is the rated engine power underrated for the 2020 Supra?
2. In the wet do you need to be conservative with cornering and aquaplaning (Use to awd turbo 4 cars in the past)
3. I have read issues having an android phone and screen mirroring on the supra. Is there a solution to this for android owners?
4. Have noticed some drivers on track losing control with this car - labelled "dangerous" or the car has a mind of its own. Are these claims valid?
5. Any other bugs/ drivers opinion living with the car after 6-12 months welcomed.. love/loathe it?

Will mainly use it as a weekend car.

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
To be honest, I am not so much a stats whore, so I gather a tune should give some more power, if I so choose this path in the future which most times I do not... hehehe

2. In the wet do you need to be conservative with cornering and aquaplaning (Use to awd turbo 4 cars in the past)
3. I have read issues having an android phone and screen mirroring on the supra. Is there a solution to this for android owners?
4. Have noticed some drivers on track losing control with this car - labelled "dangerous" or the car has a mind of its own. Are these claims valid?
5. Any other bugs/ drivers opinion living with the car after 6-12 months welcomed.. love/loathe it?

I only have two I can answer for you lol

1. Yes, just a smidge. 340ish to the wheels
2. Today was nothing but rain. Took it out on the turnpike and definitely had to be cautious getting on and off the turnpike(as well as decent patches of water) It will for sure twitch fast. I'm coming from an FRS with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires[17x9"] (excellent summer tire and even better than MPSS in the rain).

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium

3. Android Auto isn’t a thing. Sorry. https://www.thedrive.com/tech/33293...ting-android-auto-unlike-the-bmw-its-based-on

4. The 2021 is supposed to be more stable on the track. Who knows...

5. Always. They’re still finding issues, read the issue and recalls sub forum.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Depends on what you want. If you want the improvements to the engine and suspension, obviously MY21. If you're going to heavily modify it, MY20. Exhaust note is still TBD. Some said it's more muted, others said it's the same. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the press cars were Euro spec cars with the Euro filters quieting it down.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Many thanks to those who replied.
I guess I have some thinking to do.

Probably sell my car first and then decide what to do next.

Patience is a good thing.
Yup for sure. I sold my cars too and am just waiting on delivery. Another thing to consider is resale value. The MY21 will probably hold it's value better vs the MY20.

OP
OP
Paolo

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Sorry to ask this question, but does the supra have button to fold side mirrors?

Many thanks,
Paolo

Last edited:

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hey mande110,

Sorry to ask this question, but does the supra have button to fold side mirrors?

Many thanks,
Paolo
Yes, they fold in automatically when you lock the car (it's an option that you can either enable or disable). It's somewhere in the vehicle settings.

OP
OP
Paolo

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Is there an option to control the fold of mirrors without turning car off/on, ie a button on side door?

Many thank Paolo

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
^ Hmm. I am not aware of it, if there is one. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Is there an option to control the fold of mirrors without turning car off/on, ie a button on side door?

Many thank Paolo
No, there is no physical button. it's in the iDrive system menu under Vehicle settings (I believe)
Sponsored