Caliper bolt

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Just put in my brake pads. My rear top caliper bolt keeps spinning. I took it out and the threads are oddly perfect on the bolt. Any idea? TIA

70026255-B77A-4E73-BBFA-513F30C40A9A.jpeg
Sponsored

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Make sure that you are securing the inner nut.

OP
OP

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Make sure that you are securing the inner nut.
Yeah Iā€™m holding with an open end wrench while turning it. Not sure what it is. I took it out and the thread is perfect.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
If the threads aren't biting at all, would remove and examine threads on the inner nut.

OP
OP

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
If the threads aren't biting at all, would remove and examine threads on the inner nut.
Do you happen to have the part number or name for it? I canā€™t seem to find it. I found the bolt, but not the nut. Thank you.

OP
OP

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Thank @razorlab haha he helped me at the time. Also, you will need to get the rubber bushings as they donā€™t come with them. I was able to find them at my local autozone
My power stop Z23 came brake pads came with rubbber bushings so Iā€™m hoping those fit. If not do you know what kind you got? Yeah I see that guy answering everything, heā€™s like google on our forums haha.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
The powerstop Z23 rubber sleeves fit. You can also reuse OEM if it looks to be in good shape.

OP
OP

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
Do you just pull out the old caliper slide pins, or do need to do something when replacing them? Thank you.
Yep, they pop right out. Just apply some grease to them with the rubber bushings and youā€™ll be good to go, be careful to not torque the bolts too tight as this is why the slide pin keeps spinning. It is very easy to strip the threads on the caliper pin

Last edited:
OP
OP

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Yep, they pop right out. Just apply some grease to them with the rubber bushings and youā€™ll be good to go, be careful to not torque the bolts too tight as this is why the slide pin keeps spinning. It is very easy to strip the threads on the caliper pin
Thank you man, Iā€™ll give it a go when I come back!
Sponsored