Can anyone verify status of qc hold??

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT Supra, Jaguar F-Type R
I recall someone saying when there is a qc hold on a car it says to check back Fridays after noon. Does that mean the status never changes on any other day? Has anyone gotten an update from their dealer in regards to the qc hold?
Sponsored

Heywood220

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 22 Tundra, 93 325i
The dealer will not get any updates at all from Toyota when it is on a qc hold. It is just as frustrating for them as it is for you. It happens here and there for all models and there isn't anything your dealer can do to speed it up.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I am being told my A91 MT, currently in the port at Jacksonville will be off QC Hold tmmr (friday), lets see if that pans out, fingers crossed.

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am being told my A91 MT, currently in the port at Jacksonville will be off QC Hold tmmr (friday), lets see if that pans out, fingers crossed.
I think that makes sense. Seems like Toyota just wanted a formal rollout of the Supra. Just one more day!!

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I think that makes sense. Seems like Toyota just wanted a formal rollout of the Supra. Just one more day!!
Definitely super excited after seeing all the reviews!

THOOPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' C43 AMG, 18' Model S, 21' STI, 23' Supra
No updates from my dealer yet, I'll reach out tmr afternoon and see if there is any. Fingers crossed!

Prado150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GX460, Tundra…. A91-MT
I recall someone saying when there is a qc hold on a car it says to check back Fridays after noon. Does that mean the status never changes on any other day? Has anyone gotten an update from their dealer in regards to the qc hold?
I think I may have said that. I did speak with my dealer yesterday and it had the same status. Still on hold as of 8/26 with the same message to check back Fridays after 12pm. I will be following up with him again tomorrow.

I will add that he did not think it was related to the press/media event this week. He said they had the same QC hold with the new Tundras. He said there is no way to tell how long it will last, could be a couple weeks and he said he has seen last over 60 days. I hope he is wrong and it was related to the media event and comes off hold tomorrow....

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
If your car got plucked for QC, the dealership will have absolutely no clue when it’ll be released. When I sold Toyotas, I had client’s vehicles get pulled for QC for months and then one day it’s back on transit. Good luck…

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Received this from my dealer today. Not sure what it all means but I like how it says no work has been performed on the vehicle! So more reasons to think tomorrow it’ll all be lifted!
0F22AD32-4782-4F5B-8623-0B94AF5CC48F.jpeg

LateBraker5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yup, my dealer just told me the same as well. Still on QC hold

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I guess it wasn’t the embargo holding up the cars. Hmm. Well good things come to those who wait!

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got an update from one of the dealers in the GULF STATES TOYOTA region, he stated the A91-MT shows to have arrived at port today but it shows a distribution hold until 9/23. This confirms at the very least it’s GST and SET that are doing the hold. More than likely however it’s all US Toyota Distributors, this however is speculation. He also mention to not pay attention to said hold because the status can change daily (apparently not just Friday’s after 12). So at least at this point we are getting some kind of time frame.
Sponsored