Can you run catless or hi flow cat with OPF still in place?

Dr. Gaspar

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra 3.0
Yes you can run with the OPF in place just fine when you have a catless downpipe
and do you have this setup or do you know someone with this? how is the sound? do you recommend this setup or do you think I should go the other way. Thanks!
Sponsored

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GT-R R33 ; Toyota Supra MKV
and do you have this setup or do you know someone with this? how is the sound? do you recommend this setup or do you think I should go the other way. Thanks!
I am running this setup. Same with 5-6 other persons here in Belgium.
No issues at all.

Sound with the catless downpipe is louder then stock, but as you know as well... the OPF is the one dampening also a lot of the exhaust sound volume.

As long as it is not required, I will keep on running with the OPF.
Cause here in Belgium, we have yearly inspection of the car (after it turns 4 years old), and to pass the emissions tests... will require to have the OPF in place.

Dr. Gaspar

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra 3.0
I am running this setup. Same with 5-6 other persons here in Belgium.
No issues at all.

Sound with the catless downpipe is louder then stock, but as you know as well... the OPF is the one dampening also a lot of the exhaust sound volume.

As long as it is not required, I will keep on running with the OPF.
Cause here in Belgium, we have yearly inspection of the car (after it turns 4 years old), and to pass the emissions tests... will require to have the OPF in place.
looks like a great starting point. I will do this setup, keep the line as it is and just buy the catless downpipe and tune. if afterwards I think it's not enough, I cut it or buy a new catback.. thanks for the feedback, I was reticent if the OPF would be a problem.
If you have a video with the sound of your setup I would appreciate it! thanks once again

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
looks like a great starting point. I will do this setup, keep the line as it is and just buy the catless downpipe and tune. if afterwards I think it's not enough, I cut it or buy a new catback.. thanks for the feedback, I was reticent if the OPF would be a problem.
If you have a video with the sound of your setup I would appreciate it! thanks once again
Short soundclip in my garage:

Don't have a video of outside while driving / passing by

Dr. Gaspar

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra 3.0
Short soundclip in my garage:

Don't have a video of outside while driving / passing by
it's definitely louder than the original! thank you very much for the video. in terms of reprogramming, did you just deactivate the opf? the opf will regenerate anyway or what happens? sorry if i'm saying something silly but i don't know much about this

geert.bieseman

First Name
Geert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
it's definitely louder than the original! thank you very much for the video. in terms of reprogramming, did you just deactivate the opf? the opf will regenerate anyway or what happens? sorry if i'm saying something silly but i don't know much about this
The OPF is not deactivated in function
  • So it still does what it supposed to do :)

Regarding which alarms/sensors itself are ignored by the ECU, I don't remember.
That's for my tuner :)

Dr. Gaspar

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra 3.0

Okok i get it now! I will try that setup, thank you for helping me and explain all this!

Dr. Gaspar

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra 3.0

Finally I'm about to do this setup on the car, but I'm curious to know if the catless smell is noticeable even with the OPF in place. Is there any difference or don't you notice anything?
Sponsored