Carbon Fiber Diffuser Options

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
While I saw that Adro are releasing their own carbon fiber diffuser, I was wondering if anyone makes a decent like for like replacement for the (whole) stock rear diffuser, but in Carbon Fiber. I'm thinking of going Adro front and sides but for my money it will look silly keeping the black rear if all the other black plastic has been replaced with carbon fiber.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Seen the seibon diffuser in person for the first time the other week on a stratosphere blue. It looked fantastic and had great fitment like it was oem. I also like the fact you can reuse the rear deflectors on it, which is my only gripe with adro

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Seen the seibon diffuser in person for the first time the other week on a stratosphere blue. It looked fantastic and had great fitment like it was oem. I also like the fact you can reuse the rear deflectors on it, which is my only gripe with adro
Yeah, I think Seibon is the way to go.. now I just need to find one in stock at a reasonable price with shipping that isn't going to kill me.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Our international customers will usually find a freight forwarder since its cheaper than shops shipping on their own dime.

-Josh

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
While I saw that Adro are releasing their own carbon fiber diffuser, I was wondering if anyone makes a decent like for like replacement for the (whole) stock rear diffuser, but in Carbon Fiber. I'm thinking of going Adro front and sides but for my money it will look silly keeping the black rear if all the other black plastic has been replaced with carbon fiber.

Any ideas?
my man!! If youā€™re going to buy the other ADRO pieces from the kit, just bite the bullet and get their rear diffuser too. That way itā€™s complete, the weave size, pattern and color of the carbon fibers will match and the whole thing will be one cohesive, flowing setup. Itā€™ll look goofy if you go with another brands diffuser. The ADRO diffuser will tie in nicely with the front and sides because it has the little lip flares at the winglets like the side skirts and front splitter have. If youā€™re not going to do the dynocarbon ppf route for the stock aero that we talked about and youā€™re going to buy ADRO, buy the diffuser too. Buy once, cry once be happy forever. lol

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
my man!! If youā€™re going to buy the other ADRO pieces from the kit, just bite the bullet and get their rear diffuser too. That way itā€™s complete, the weave size, pattern and color of the carbon fibers will match and the whole thing will be one cohesive, flowing setup. Itā€™ll look goofy if you go with another brands diffuser. The ADRO diffuser will tie in nicely with the front and sides because it has the little lip flares at the winglets like the side skirts and front splitter have. If youā€™re not going to do the dynocarbon ppf route for the stock aero that we talked about and youā€™re going to buy ADRO, buy the diffuser too. Buy once, cry once be happy forever. lol
Ordinarily I would agree but I really quite like the stock diffuser - I'm more wanting to go full carbon than full Adro just for an aesthetic balance. I hope the weave is a close enough match!

Beyond this, the availability and cost of the Adro will be annoying and, most importantly, the more I look at Adro's diffuser, the more I actually dislike it. In particur, the way it recesses the exhausts - I feel that's a big miss!

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I rolled the dice on this rep. šŸ˜¬ It's much cheaper than anything else I can find and with free returns, I figure other than wasting time, I can't go wrong really.

I'll report back once it comes in, decades from now. šŸ˜…

Last edited:

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I rolled the dice on this rep. šŸ˜¬ It's much cheaper than anything else I can find and with free returns, I figure other than wasting time, I can't go wrong really.

I'll report back once it comes in, decades from now. šŸ˜…
Thats a great price considering the alternatives! Good luck, update us when you get it and let us know how the fitment and looks are!

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Thats a great price considering the alternatives! Good luck, update us when you get it and let us know how the fitment and looks are!
So I actually got a phone call from China - And it wasn't a scam/nuisance call. It was from the AliExpress seller asking me to confirm my car model and model year. Via AliExpress they then sent me a picture of the actual Tom's quadruple exhaust diffuser despite the ad's pics showing a stock (presumably Seibon) replica. Then they sent me a pic of the Seibon MB Style diffuser. šŸ™„ Anyway, after a bit of back and forth they finally sent through the correct (quasi-stock) image.

Wish me luck.. I think I'm going to need it!

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Ordinarily I would agree but I really quite like the stock diffuser - I'm more wanting to go full carbon than full Adro just for an aesthetic balance. I hope the weave is a close enough match!

Beyond this, the availability and cost of the Adro will be annoying and, most importantly, the more I look at Adro's diffuser, the more I actually dislike it. In particur, the way it recesses the exhausts - I feel that's a big miss!
I struggled a lot when I was picking between the Adro and Seibon diffusers. I had similar concerns as you - the Adro diffuser being notably large and causing the exhaust to look recessed. I also love the look of the OEM diffuser.

That being said, I still ultimately went with Adro to maintain a cohesive look. The weave is already noticeably different between the wing and lip kit, and itā€™d bother me too much to see multiple mismatches. Thatā€™s just me though. I can totally understand people not liking it. One of my close friends isnā€™t super fond of the design either. Iā€™m honestly not gonna stress out much about it and just 100% own the look.

FWIW, many of their other kits cause this recessed look, so itā€™s not abnormal for Adro. From what I understand (someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong), they design the diffusers to line up vertically with the wing. If you look at the cars with these kits from the side, youā€™ll see what I mean.

Anyways, good luck with your order! Iā€™m excited to see the Seibon one on a fellow Nitro Yellow Supra.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I struggled a lot when I was picking between the Adro and Seibon diffusers. I had similar concerns as you - the Adro diffuser being notably large and causing the exhaust to look recessed. I also love the look of the OEM diffuser.

That being said, I still ultimately went with Adro to maintain a cohesive look. The weave is already noticeably different between the wing and lip kit, and itā€™d bother me too much to see multiple mismatches. Thatā€™s just me though. I can totally understand people not liking it. One of my close friends isnā€™t super fond of the design either. Iā€™m honestly not gonna stress out much about it and just 100% own the look.

FWIW, many of their other kits cause this recessed look, so itā€™s not abnormal for Adro. From what I understand (someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong), they design the diffusers to line up vertically with the wing. If you look at the cars with these kits from the side, youā€™ll see what I mean.

Anyways, good luck with your order! Iā€™m excited to see the Seibon one on a fellow Nitro Yellow Supra.
Yeah, I hear you. I'll have to check out this lining up business in case my AliExpress special falls through - I'll be honest, my hopes aren't very high, lol but we'll see how it plays out.

As for weave differences, as long as fitment is good and the weave is not wildly different I don't think I'm going to be too bothered by it. Interestingly, I had actually decided to stick to just the Adro wing as I don't really have a problem with the stock lip, sides and diffuser when out of the blue, my gf decided she would be ridiculous and buy me the rest of the Adro kit! So now I'm trying to carbonize my rear to match and also rethinking how my front plate is mounted, but yeah.. can't complain as these are good problems to have really. šŸ˜…
Sponsored