CarPlay Android Box

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm looking for a solution to make YouTube and Netflix available to the Supra. I found some gadgets wich bypass CarPlay and inject a full Android to it. Here is a video of that thing:

Product link: https://carlinkitcarplay.com/produc...i-box-adapter-for-oem-wired-carplay-cars-1122

I think its pretty cool, but there is one thing. Its only for wired CarPlay connection. As far as I know, the Supra supports only wireless. I found a video where a guy used another box with a BMW and it looks like he is connect it wireless, but I'm not sure about that.

Product link: https://joyeauto.eu/product/mmb-and...-for-bmw-with-factory-wireless-apple-carplay/

Does anyone have experience with something like this and even knows something that works with the supra?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
I could not resist and got myself such a MMB box. Unfortunately, I could not make a connection. The problem is that the Supra does not actively search for devices, but you can be found when a connection is established. Then it says Supra can be found under "Toyota1234". The problem is that the MMB box can also be found under its name. So both are ready to be found, but you can not start a connection on any device. really too bad. does anyone have an idea how I can initiate a connection? I am grateful for any idea. Otherwise I send the thing back the days... really too bad

Rtark

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium , 2021 bmw x3m competition
I posted a thread about this as well. Still haven’t had any luck pairing two devices (car and mmb box) that are only able to be activated on an only discovery mode.

OP
OP

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
Thats a shame... the website states that iDrive 6 is supported. Do BMW's with iDrive 6 not have the same problem? How do they connect wirelessly?

OP
OP

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
Okay I found a video showing a BMW atleast tries to connect to the MMB. The MMB starts the connection by itself. So I think the MMB searches for a name like "BMW1234" and not for "Toyota1234". Maybe there is the solution. Is there a way to change the cars name in the iDrive?

Sponsored