Carvana

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Has anyone bought a car from Carvana? It seems like every car I have looked at on there in the last 6 months have scratches or chips in the paint that go through the clear coat or there is upholstery damage. And yet they are asking full price. I have read many bad reviews. Why would anyone buy a car for 53k+ and not test drive it? And you only get 7 days to return it?
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Only 7 days? That actually seems reasonable. Think about a 7 day test drive.

not sure if their prices are good bad, it’s a market good so they can’t be horrible. And what an inflated market we are in. Glad I bought in December. They offered me more than I paid for my car new.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
As someone who sold my old car to Carvana - I can tell you it definitely had some pretty bad chips in the paint. No idea if they fixed them before reselling it.

They did not care one bit about the chips (or a very small tear in the upholstery)

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I bought by BRZ from there, was a good experience but with the Supra I went to a dealership. For what they are asking, you can get a brand new one for the same price.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I'm not positive how they're making money with Carvana. They bought my Supra for more than I paid for it new. They had it on the website for $58k?? It's gone now, so im guessing someone ending up purchasing it.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I'd be iffy buying a carvana Supra. Had a couple local guys that were modded sell their cars to them. Both had been modded at some point and sold back with a high flow cat and tune installed.

If i wanted to buy a bone stock car, I would want it 100% stock. You would probably never know until you inspected it.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I'm not positive how they're making money with Carvana. They bought my Supra for more than I paid for it new. They had it on the website for $58k?? It's gone now, so im guessing someone ending up purchasing it.
I've heard Carvana is not yet profitable, they are operating at a loss. I assume their goal is to gain market share, taking business away from used car dealerships and build volume/customer base, and then at some point tweak their formula (buy/sell prices) to start making profits.

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I've heard Carvana is not yet profitable, they are operating at a loss. I assume their goal is to gain market share, taking business away from used car dealerships and build volume/customer base, and then at some point tweak their formula (buy/sell prices) to start making profits.
I have bought a few Priuses from Carmax. I wouldn’t buy a Supra through Carmax or Carvana or any Auto Nation dealer. I think the “hassle-free price” is BS. I’ve read that when buying that way you actually pay more.

Suprared

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I wouldn’t worry too much if you check the history. Carvana has been paying more than others for the Supra.

CJ-

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra LE
I had my best offer from Vroom. I’m not selling but my white launch edition with 1,100 miles got a max offer of 51,800 from Vroom. Carvana offered 49,000.

CJ-

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra LE
The offer I mentioned above is now $4,300 higher than August. $56,100 for those looking for general pricing in the Midwest.

Mike40094

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2016 Ford F350, 2012 Honda Cros
I purchased my Supra through carvana. I had a great experience. They were 3-4K cheaper than any of the local dealers with less mileage!

Reactions: CJ-

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
I bought a civic type r from them with 4k miles on it when dealerships were selling them for 42-45k new. I paid like 37k otd which was a steal. This was back in 2019 before the used car market went crazy. I did a trade in value for my Supra (20 with 12k miles), and they only offered 48k, which seems low for todays market. I know others have had good luck in that aspect. I will say, the car was extremely clean. Since I got such a good deal on it, I drove it for 6 months and sold it for what I paid for it.
Sponsored