Catted vs Catless... My story with Data to share

Vizion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR premium
Hello mate, I'm kind of in the middle of a similar fuss like you were. I've got the JB4 installed and the MST air intake, trying to figure out if I should get catted or catless DP now. Not really looking for racing, just need to enjoy the daily drive and have fun with the car, but don't want the car too loud and get stopped by the cops every now and then, some hefty fines for these loud cars where I live. :(

Would like to know what did you finally decide on and how did it come around?
I went catless. At first , I was more bothered by the smell than the loudness. But honestly,i got used to it and now I even want my car to be louder lol. However, catted has a deeper tone while catless has a raspier tone. So, it comes to down to preference. Honestly, I think catless is not too loud unless you combo it with a BL exhaust or tomei. But if youā€™re sticking with stock exhaust , I think itā€™s perfect. Not too loud and not too quiet. Either way , Both will be significantly louder than stock. Hope this helps

edit: I also live in southern Cali where the laws are more strict. Iā€™ve gotten pulled over 3 times and none said anything about my exhaust. Just tint and cell phone -_-
Sponsored

Last edited:

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Hello mate, I'm kind of in the middle of a similar fuss like you were. I've got the JB4 installed and the MST air intake, trying to figure out if I should get catted or catless DP now. Not really looking for racing, just need to enjoy the daily drive and have fun with the car, but don't want the car too loud and get stopped by the cops every now and then, some hefty fines for these loud cars where I live. :(

Would like to know what did you finally decide on and how did it come around?
I would not even consider the catless in your case because of the check engine light.

Catless is louder but also raspoier
catted is louder than stock (not as loud as catless) but offers a much deeper tone

I prefer catted even if the CEL was not a concern