CEL - CD840A - FA-CAN Bus communication error

Joerock478

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2019 STI
Hello I am running a base map for my car, in the process of remote tune. All a sudden after a couple weeks on base map with no issues I had to come to a quick stop then started getting a message saying cross traffic warning malfunction which then lead to a CEL after going off many times randomly. I cleared the code and came back after a few min of driving, anyone else have this issue or any ideas how to fix?
Sponsored

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I would first ask the tuner and/or flash to stock and see if it continues.

Have you done any modifications to your car? CAN errors often can occur if there are wiring issues. But if you haven't done anything that may have caused that then I'd say its unlikely that you have wiring issues. Unless you have a mice problem!

OP
OP
Joerock478

Joerock478

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2019 STI
The car has flex kit, charge pipe, intake, downpipe. Was fine for a couple weeks untill all of a sudden. Gonna redo the flex wires this weekend and see if that helps. Car is kept in garage so dont think it would be mice.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
The car has flex kit, charge pipe, intake, downpipe. Was fine for a couple weeks untill all of a sudden. Gonna redo the flex wires this weekend and see if that helps. Car is kept in garage so dont think it would be mice.
I'd say that's probably your culprit.

Flex Fuel taps into some CAN channels, Crankcase Vent Heater, etc. I'd check the pins on the Body Control Module harness that you had to swap and see if that is it.

Is.thata.supra

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 gr Toyota Supra launch edition
I’m having this problem. Did u find a way to fix this problem?
Sponsored