JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
Forum friends,

I searched and found a ton of issues with forum members charge pipes popping off. Some say add t bolt clamps and you will be fine etc. I am getting ready to tune after break in period is done and I currently have downpipe, catback, and Intake. If I am tuning should I do the charge pipe or not worth the hassle?

Lastly, it looks like the afe doesn’t have the couplers in the center that seem to cause the issue. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Forum friends,

I searched and found a ton of issues with forum members charge pipes popping off. Some say add t bolt clamps and you will be fine etc. I am getting ready to tune after break in period is done and I currently have downpipe, catback, and Intake. If I am tuning should I do the charge pipe or not worth the hassle?

Lastly, it looks like the age doesn’t have the couplers in the center that seem to cause the issue. Anyone have thoughts on this?
I just installed Injen's chargepipe but I still need more time to see if it's going to stay in place or not. Tbh unless you are going to upgrade your turbo or use Meth injection it's not necessary at all, you'll only see improvement in throttle response and no power gains.

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
I just installed Injen's chargepipe but I still need more time to see if it's going to stay in place or not. Tbh unless you are going to upgrade your turbo or use Meth injection it's not necessary at all, you'll only see improvement in throttle response and no power gains.
Absolutely. Not doing it for power but more so for the factory charge pipe not breaking

ThicWhips

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thicf30.com
Car(s)
A90 Supra
The B58 chargepipe is not as brittle as the n55, n20 chargepipes so you don't necessarily HAVE to replace them if you are increasing boost but it certainly won't hurt. For something that is incredibly easy to install, does not cost much and looks better in my engine bay I really didn't see a need to risk leaving the stock one in. You also have bungs on the aftermarket charge pipe in the event that you would like to run meth or nitrous. I went FTP:

OP
OP

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
The B58 chargepipe is not as brittle as the n55, n20 chargepipes so you don't necessarily HAVE to replace them if you are increasing boost but it certainly won't hurt. For something that is incredibly easy to install, does not cost much and looks better in my engine bay I really didn't see a need to risk leaving the stock one in. You also have bungs on the aftermarket charge pipe in the event that you would like to run meth or nitrous. I went FTP:

have you had issues with it popping the cupler?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
+1 for the FTP charge pipes. The stock one is not that bad but i always recommend upgrading the charge pipe when tuning the car

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Forum friends,

Lastly, it looks like the afe doesn’t have the couplers in the center that seem to cause the issue. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Had my car tuned on e50 a few weeks back. I was told that the stock charge pipes is good for what my stock turbo is capable of. But if you really dead set on spending money, i've got a new in box set of CTS pipes i'll sell ya.

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I haven't heard any failures on the stock supra charge pipe. Literally all the charge pipes that you hear popping off are all aftermarket. I personally wouldn't touch it unless you are having an issue with the stock one or you have a Pure800 and running crazy boost levels.

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Forum friends,

I personally had the afe. Has great couplers AND Tbolt clamps. Only issue is the o ring provided with the pipe. It’s seems a bit cheap and not as thick as the oem. Mine ended up not staying where it needed to stay and constantly had boost leak. Any chargepipe will better then oem IF you are pushing crazy boost levels. I personally run about 550 ho on pure 800 e40. No problems. So stock pipe holds pretty well. Just make sure that you replace any clamps with Tbolts and that the pipe uses the oem o ring as replacement and you should be fine.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I personally had the afe. Has great couplers AND Tbolt clamps. Only issue is the o ring provided with the pipe. It’s seems a bit cheap and not as thick as the oem. Mine ended up not staying where it needed to stay and constantly had boost leak. Any chargepipe will better then oem IF you are pushing crazy boost levels. I personally run about 550 ho on pure 800 e40. No problems. So stock pipe holds pretty well. Just make sure that you replace any clamps with Tbolts and that the pipe uses the oem o ring as replacement and you should be fine.
:thumbsup:

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
Has anyone tried a longer silicon coupler so the clamps sit better in the middle part where the 2 pieces connect on the FTP Charge pipe. I don't feel like putting the OEM back on and dealing with the return hassle.
1677011579291.png

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Yes, there's someone here who has posted pictures of their setup with a longer coupler and 2 T-bolts on each side to finally fix their boost leak issues. Honestly I wouldn't bother with a charge pipe unless you're going big turbo or new manifold (which moves the throttle body and requires a new charge pipe to bolt up). If you do decide to get a charge pipe for whatever reason, swap out the garbage worm clamps for T-bolts, and if you still have boost leak issues, get a longer coupler and double up on T-bolts.

A90.C

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 BMW 335i