Chassis stabilization:

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
have you tried to re-seat the rear brake pads after it occurred? or tried to swap back to stock pads? if you hadn't, try it. at least you will eliminate one possible cause. also, rear pads has inner and outer side and make sure that's in right place.

believe it or not, stock pads are very capable pads. I used to threshold brake from 150+ mph as well as 15+ track days.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoDakMk5

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
have you tried to re-seat the rear brake pads after it occurred? or tried to swap back to stock pads? if you hadn't, try it. at least you will eliminate one possible cause. also, rear pads has inner and outer side and make sure that's in right place.

believe it or not, stock pads are very capable pads. I used to threshold brake from 150+ mph as well as 15+ track days.
Dealer got it fixed. Had to reprogram “performance module” I’m assuming dsc

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Thanks for letting us know. I doubt they reprogrammed as you really cannot get to coding on these cars without the Toyota software. Yes my experience is Toyota is useless they do not know how to work on anything. My dealer did not have a spark plug wrench. (Takes a thin wall one) I expect they did have to reset something to get to these codes. I have a shop level scanner that can do quite a lot so will look for this module. For others this does seem to be a one off as I have changed dozens of pas and several sets of rotors. No problem (50+) track day events
Sponsored