Auto leveling headlights - Chassis code

trev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I've looked through this forum and multiple Facebook groups with no luck finding someone with a similar issue as me.

I lowered my car on H&R springs and received the standard: "Continued driving possible; Chassis" error associated with the ride height sensor brackets. I have checked the brackets and taken it to 2 separate dealerships. Both have told me that it just appears that there is not enough room for the bracket now that I have lowered it. I know this isn't the case because many others are also using the same setup as me with no issues. At the end of the day, the code really doesn't bother me that much. I've had it for over a year and its just normal for me now. The real issue for me are my headlights and I believe it is related to the chassis code.

The auto leveling headlights are all over the place. Many cars flash me with their high beams or pull over to let me pass because of my headlights. They move up and down completely randomly. However most of the time they point directly at the ground and become quite dangerous. Below is a video of my headlights starting at a normal height and then pointing directly at the ground. I could adjust them up but I fear that this will not solve the underlying issue of them pointing at the sky or at the ground at random times. Below is a video of an example where I turned onto a new road and accelerated. The headlights appear to be normal but then slowly point directly at the ground. Thank you in advanced for any suggestions.
Sponsored

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
did you lowered your car yourself? when i lowered mine with the euro eibach, i didn't pop the pyramid looking clip but instead i just unbolted the whole assembly and just bolted it back on when reassembling the whole thing. maybe you damaged the clip? try buying a new one

OP
OP
trev

trev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
did you lowered your car yourself? when i lowered mine with the euro eibach, i didn't pop the pyramid looking clip but instead i just unbolted the whole assembly and just bolted it back on when reassembling the whole thing. maybe you damaged the clip? try buying a new one
I had a shop do it for me. I'm taking it to a buddy's shop tomorrow where I hope to really figure it out. I will look out for this. Thank you for the suggestion :)

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
I’d like to know what’s going on too. Had that error pop up just recently after finally installing some RSR EDC cancellers and nothing else.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Jack up the car and take a picture of your front and rear ride height sensors

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Had same issue on my A90. Took the car to the dealer, and they just said the ride height sensors where not installed correctly. Apparently, they can be plugged back in with the wrong orientation.

After the dealer visit, I never had this issue again, and now I moved those same H&R springs to my A91 and made sure the sensors connectors go back correctly. Again, no issues so far.

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
This is definitely related to the sensors. Both are on the left side - one on the front lower control arm one on the rear. Here is a pic. Of the rear.

IMG_1412.jpeg

OP
OP
trev

trev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Hi all, short update. Just had the car in for a new exhaust and asked my mechanic to take a look at the ride height sensor brackets. The front was good, but the rear was not (pretty disappointed that both Toyota techs told me that the brackets were fine and that it was because the car was lowered...)

Rear bracket.
Rear bracket

Thank you @Todday1 for the reference image.

The chassis code is gone. I'm hoping that when I go out for a cruise tonight my headlights will not point directly at the ground.

Hopefully this thread helps others as well :)

Thank you again everyone for the help.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Hi all, short update. Just had the car in for a new exhaust and asked my mechanic to take a look at the ride height sensor brackets. The front was good, but the rear was not (pretty disappointed that both Toyota techs told me that the brackets were fine and that it was because the car was lowered...)

Rear bracket.
Rear bracket

Thank you @Todday1 for the reference image.

The chassis code is gone. I'm hoping that when I go out for a cruise tonight my headlights will not point directly at the ground.

Hopefully this thread helps others as well :)

Thank you again everyone for the help.
Glad you figured it out. Toyota techs don't know crap about bmws.

OP
OP
trev

trev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Glad you figured it out. Toyota techs don't know crap about bmws.
lesson learned :)

I went to two separate techs and asked them to check the bracket. Both said the bracket was fine and there just wasn't enough room for the bracket because it was lowered...

Eddie21

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
This is definitely related to the sensors. Both are on the left side - one on the front lower control arm one on the rear. Here is a pic. Of the rear.

IMG_1412.jpeg
Do you happen to have a pic of the front? Thank you.