• Watchers 8

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
When mine gets low, when accelerating from every stop I get the “speed warning” alert. Drives me 🥜

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
When mine gets low, when accelerating from every stop I get the “speed warning” alert. Drives me 🥜
This is good to know ☝ Thanks y’all. Good thread. I’m still at only 5k miles and not even 1 year in yet. Will be on the lookout and on my battery tender when she can.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I would charge your battery. Then if you have a volt meter you could check the voltage while it's running to verify your alternator is working.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I had an issue that was charging system related not that long ago. At first I assumed it was a bad battery because I was getting all of the same error messages that OP was talking about so I went out and purchased a battery tender and the moment I connected it to the battery it told me it was already fully charged. My issue turned out to be that the positive battery post bolt in the engine bay had come loose and was rocking around while I was driving and/or starting the car and it was causing voltage drops. This, undoubtedly was my fault though because I had installed something that needed to hook into that post and I think I just didn't tighten it down enough. I did drive around with no issues for over a year though so perhaps just check that positive terminal post in the engine bay to ensure it's tight.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10795

I will definitely check that positive terminal in the engine bay!

just updating you guys: I was running map 1 on JB4 and recently I’ve turned off to Map 0 and so far I have not had any issues at all. Could this possibly be the reason why everything was acting up?

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Mine did something similar and had to be towed back to the dealership with 1500 miles on it.

It went from the errors to a failed electric power steering rack (EPS). I think the timing of the two was coincidental but who knows.

I lucked out and the Supra tech was awesome. He had to reset the computer and replace the EPS (all under warranty). I've spoken with him a couple of times since and he claims its still the only one they've seen with that combination of issues (although I don't think its the only one he has had to reset).

I attached a pic of the errors I was getting. Tried to upload the video I took at the time but it was too large to upload.

My two cents...with 2K miles on it, it's under warranty. I'd remove the JB4 and get it checked out if it starts acting up again.

P.S. Mine had a lot more errors than is shown below. New ones would pop up as soon as I would close a set. It was frustrating but easily fixed by the dealer.

IMG_2149.jpeg

OP
OP

Deleted member 10795

Mine did something similar and had to be towed back to the dealership with 1500 miles on it.

It went from the errors to a failed electric power steering rack (EPS). I think the timing of the two was coincidental but who knows.

I lucked out and the Supra tech was awesome. He had to reset the computer and replace the EPS (all under warranty). I've spoken with him a couple of times since and he claims its still the only one they've seen with that combination of issues (although I don't think its the only one he has had to reset).

I attached a pic of the errors I was getting. Tried to upload the video I took at the time but it was too large to upload.

My two cents...with 2K miles on it, it's under warranty. I'd remove the JB4 and get it checked out if it starts acting up again.

P.S. Mine had a lot more errors than is shown below. New ones would pop up as soon as I would close a set. It was frustrating but easily fixed by the dealer.

IMG_2149.jpeg
did the error messages happen multiple times before? Or they just all happen all at once?

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
did the error messages happen multiple times before? Or they just all happen all at once?
It seems like initially it had a couple of errors that would clear for a few days by turning the car off & back on.

It became more frequent and the errors were coming back quicker after restarts until I had the dealer take a look (the power steering going out is the thing that pushed me over bc I was being stubborn before that).

I attached a video to show what was happening (compressed it but it’s still clear enough)

OP
OP

Deleted member 10795

It seems like initially it had a couple of errors that would clear for a few days by turning the car off & back on.

It became more frequent and the errors were coming back quicker after restarts until I had the dealer take a look (the power steering going out is the thing that pushed me over bc I was being stubborn before that).

I attached a video to show what was happening (compressed it but it’s still clear enough)

woah that seems super frustrating, Ive seen all those errors you we’re getting except mine wouldnt keep going like yours, just simply turned car off for 5 min and they were gone, although its been about 2 days now since I disconnected JB4, still no error codes, if they persist I will definitely go to dealer because I too have been stubborn
Sponsored