Clean Engine Bay

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I first don't drive on rainy crappy days so that alone saves me a lot of time cleaning the car.

Then as other have mentioned, I use a MF towel and some QD and just gently wipe away the dust while admiring my Eventuri intake and engine cover, other eye candy bits. 🥰
Sponsored

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I used to use a plug-in leaf blower after I washed my 2001 C5 and used a squeegee every week or so. Then my neighbor told me about 3D waterless car wash. Now I gently run a California duster over each vehicle after taking it out, then remove any bug splatters, etc with the 3D and a microfiber towel. I do this with my Supra even though most of it has been PPFed.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I used to use a plug-in leaf blower after I washed my 2001 C5 and used a squeegee every week or so. Then my neighbor told me about 3D waterless car wash. Now I gently run a California duster over each vehicle after taking it out, then remove any bug splatters, etc with the 3D and a microfiber towel. I do this with my Supra even though most of it has been PPFed.
I actually use the EGO blower to clean / dust off the engine bay in my C8 Corvette...I also use it to first blow off the dust on the outside and then gently follow with a CA duster...

Works quite well!

Best Engine Bay Pic 1.jpg

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I keep mine dirty
IMG_6049.jpeg

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
When spraying water and cleaner on the engine bay do you need to cover anything ??

The1DoubleN

First Name
Benn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulence Grey
I actually use the EGO blower to clean / dust off the engine bay in my C8 Corvette...I also use it to first blow off the dust on the outside and then gently follow with a CA duster...

Works quite well!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuk 🤤

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When spraying water and cleaner on the engine bay do you need to cover anything ??
I would NOT recommend using a hose. Why not use a spray bottle with hand trigger to spritz a light coating of water on dirty surfaces?

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Works quite well!

I would think that dust attaches itself to an engine that can have areas of an oil film, but whatever works for you. :thumbsup:

Most likely, I won't need to spritz my Supra's engine bay for at least 6 months.
Supra Engine Bay.jpg

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I would think that dust attaches itself to an engine that can have areas of an oil film, but whatever works for you. :thumbsup:
Thankfully, I haven't seen / noticed any oily film surfaces in the engine bay....If I did that would raise some concerns! The engine bay stays surprisingly clean and is easy to dust off with the blower...Then again, I live in AZ where we rarely see rain or shitty weather...I also found the same with my Supra when I had it as well which stayed extremely clean only requiring a blow job once a year....🤣

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
I also found the same with my Supra when I had it as well which stayed extremely clean only requiring a blow job once a year....🤣
Sheeyit, I’m lucky if I get one of those once a year….

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thankfully, I haven't seen / noticed any oily film surfaces in the engine bay....If I did that would raise some concerns! The engine bay stays surprisingly clean and is easy to dust off with the blower...Then again, I live in AZ where we rarely see rain or shitty weather...I also found the same with my Supra when I had it as well which stayed extremely clean only requiring a blow job once a year....🤣
Give it time! I used to spray the engine bay with grease remover and rinse with a garden hose when I had my 68 C3 vert. Then again, it's ZZ3 engine was old-school.

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Lexus RC300, 2007 Tundra, 1975 Ch
I use Dawn and warm water on some old microfiber rags. Allow to sit on the components for a few minutes, give time for the Dawn to break down any unwanted dirt and grime.

Key here is to use compressed air to blow away any soapy water and dirt you can't see or wipe with a rag. Secondly, I wipe down my engine bay every time I wash it, including the door jambs and inside the gas lid and trunk.
Sponsored