fiscally_stupid

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TG Supra
EDIT
**Official Toyota Corporate stance on the matter is that its normal. They will not be replacing the tail lights**

Started noticing condensation in my tail lights. Took my car to Toyota and at the moment they are un willing to replace the tail lights. Apparently the service tech showed my pictures to Toyota Technical team or something like that.

Their response "TAS agent agreed that the condensation is not excessive and is a characteristic of the component. Tail Lamp assembly of this vehicle in fact are designed with vents to evaporate slight build up of moisture within the lenses in which it is operating properly as it is able to clear the lenses in an acceptable amount of time."

Thoughts? I have a dispute open with toyota but I think they are going to obviously say the same thing. My tail lights will look like shit in a year if I continue to let moisture get in them.

v4Ll4kk.jpg

uubrInS.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I remember when the other car designed by Tada-san also had condensation in the tail lamp housing. The only thing Toyota could do is replace it under warranty. You're going to be chasing your tail on this one unless you bake it, split it, clean the inside and seal it yourself.

attachment.jpg

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2199381

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Toyota will do anything to save money...

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Yikes, that sucks! I'm sure I won't have to deal with that however (we call 10% humidity "swampy" here)... of course, you won't have all your rubber seals and plastic pieces crack and fall apart in 12 months. At least none of the critical components in the engine bay are made of plastic... what's that you say?!?! Oh noes! :eek:

I hope they replace your lights, but I guess the next question is - will the replacements be any better?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
any other new updates? has it dried up for you?

OP
OP

fiscally_stupid

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TG Supra
It dries up and then comes back. Toyota will do nothing about it. They claim its normal.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Yeah... going with BMW everything on the MKV is far from the only thing that's changed about Toyota since the mid-90s... customer service certainly hasn't gotten better (nor has quality if my last 4 Lexus cars are any indication). :rolleyes1: However, that's a universal problem in these days of full price beta testing... it's certainly not unique to this brand - or market segment for that matter.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That sucks to see! Good luck with getting it fixed. It seems that they say every problem that pops up is not warranty related and they find anyway they can to wash their hands from fixing things.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
That blows.Agreed that this will look like hell in no time. I think I read in the manual that this could happen and is "normal". What I don't understand is why they would intentionally design the taillights to "breath". The headlights don't apparently have this "breathing" design and appear to be sealed as have many of my other cars that have had LED tail lights. I wonder if there's a vent hole you could locate in the housing and try to seal it up.
Sponsored