First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.counterspacegarage.com
Car(s)
IS300, Supra, S2000, BRZ, M3
I’ve used Hawk DTC and Paragons highest temp compound. The Paragons didn’t last. So I’m switching back to Hawk. Would love to see how the 21/11s compare to the Hawk DTC 60/30s.

Unfortunately your brand is incredibly expensive. Do you have any discounts for forum members? My primary use is track & would love the opportunity to give you feedback.
The manufacturing process and tooling are the most expensive parts. Without those presses, ovens, and other unique pieces of machinery to build the pads, we won't get the level of consistency that we desire. We know how Hawk DTC and Paragons operate and have swept through their catalog of compounds years ago. The C21/C11 is the most basic setup for this vehicle and a few other vehicles that see time attack, HPDE, and sprint racing applications. This particular compound stagger has replaced many common "track pad" in TA, HPDE, and sprint race cars over the years without the replacement of brake equipment. That has been the biggest experience for many users. We do have other compounds for the car slumbering away but we haven't found the need to get those compounds out to market. They are used for other vehicle applications as the brake demand is higher compared to the MKV Supra. In those instances, many brake compounds available on the market would tend to vaporize in those settings.

What has your experience been with the Paragon (which compounds?) and Hawks?
Sponsored

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Car(s)
Hi there. I believe I am running C21 front and C11 rear as said above. I had them fitted when my car was at about 3,800 miles. I am on stock rotors and calipers as well. I took it to Sonoma Raceway the next week, and still have the pads on till this day. I have about ~18,200 miles on the car now. Only have done 1 track day and all the other driving was done on the street. I like to brake late and hard, learned how hard I could brake on the track, was very eye opening. Like I said, I have only done one track day and all other driving was done on the street. Using them on the street was great. Normal braking as in gradual pressure and I rode the brake some when coming to a stop sign or light. They squeak at normal driving but thats expected. I feel like there is a slight decrease in performance after these 14,000 miles but nothing egregious. Have been in a few last second braking moments on the street and they held up great! Will be getting another set soon to swap out the old ones with. Hope this was useful!
That's quite a bit of daily mileage on a race specific pad. We generally recommend street pads for the street and track pads for the track. While performance and track pads increase the bite/response of the brake system, they also have disc/pad higher wear when used outside of their happy operating temperature range and obviously more NVH. Race pads don't have those creature comforts simply because they were designed for racing. Glad you're getting good mileage out of the pads. Look forward to seeing you hit the tracks more now that weather is warming up!

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
guess making good pads is their forte not public relations?
Define "good pads"
We can't delete posts, but certainly inquired on a few details to understand what Kyle was experiencing. Not everybody will be happy, but understanding every user will give us a better idea of what they're going through. His Pista/GTS system was not purchased from us and the setup for the two brake systems are down to driver preference. The brake pads were not purchased directly through CSG, but were ordered through an authorized dealer. It got us a little confused when he provided positive feedback to his dealer and to us, but has offered a completely different insight on the public forum. Maybe there was some sarcasm involved or maybe he was legitimately unhappy but was concerned about being honest to all of us. Kyle DM'd us and we're looking forward to hear more from him.
Can't tell if this response is actually a joke.

There is nothing sarcastic about your brakes performing worse for me than the other pads I've used.

Objectively:
- I get 3 track days (or less) out of a set of C1 front pads vs 6 track days with Race Technologies RE10 pads
-I have to change my braking zones and brake earlier with CSG C1 vs RE10

Subjectively:
- Car feels less stable under braking

I've had negative feedback about CSG pads for a while now (having gone through 6 sets after being continually told how great they are) and since stopped purchasing them, so perhaps the sarcasm is in your post?

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Car(s)
Define "good pads"

There is nothing sarcastic about your brakes performing worse for me than the other pads I've used.

Objectively:
- I get 3 track days (or less) out of a set of C1 front pads vs 6 track days with Race Technologies RE10 pads

Subjectively:

I've had negative feedback about CSG pads for a while now (having gone through 6 sets after being continually told how great they are) and since stopped purchasing them, so perhaps the sarcasm is in your post?
Definitely not a joke. Your Pista/GTS system is the biggest difference between the Pista/OEM setup that Phd Racing uses on their TA90. With that said, we'll need to know exactly configuration your Supra had between the RE10 and C1. What compound did the GTS have when you ran the RE10? This is more information than provided in the DMs and from your dealer. Considering you did not order directly from us, why were you pitched 6 sets of pads if you were not happy? These are very important pieces of information that you will need to work with your dealer on and something we need to discuss with them as well. If you find that your braking is giving you that 8 second differential between you and Jackie at COTA, then let's find a way to give you that edge.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Define "good pads"

Objectively:

Subjectively:

I use and really like the c21. I can not comment on the c1. Possibly not the best option for the track

I have used hawk, mu, and csg. I continue to spend the money of csg because they are the best I have used.

Can only speak for myself and my driving style and level

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
If you find that your braking is giving you that 8 second differential between you and Jackie at COTA, then let's find a way to give you that edge.
Nice one. Classy 👍

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Car(s)
I use and really like the c21. I can not comment on the c1. Possibly not the best option for the track

I have used hawk, mu, and csg. I continue to spend the money of csg because they are the best I have used.

Can only speak for myself and my driving style and level
C21 on OEM caliper works well. We've spec'd the C1 on F8X and G8X M3s as their ABS is significantly more finnicky than the Supra (even though a Supra has BMW components). Thanks again for the feedback!

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Car(s)
I'm shocked that a CSG thread with them participating has turned into a controversy.

just-kidding-jk.gif
This is a good thing. He's not happy about something. We'd like to know why. Brembo Pista/GTS system is not common...he could be just one of less than a handful of people on this brake system in the world.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This is a good thing. He's not happy about something. We'd like to know why. Brembo Pista/GTS system is not common...he could be just one of less than a handful of people on this brake system in the world.
I was being sarcastic. Amazed that didn't come across. Have fun with the thread. ✌

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0
This thread makes me glad I went with Project MU pads. This is really a bad look for CGS.

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Car(s)
I was being sarcastic. Amazed that didn't come across. Have fun with the thread. ✌
We want Kyle to be successful and dialed in. In order to optimize his car, we'd want more information to help him out. If he feels like he's threatened by our desire to make his car better, then we need to come up with a better approach. Ultimately we want success for all of our users.👌

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Car(s)
This thread makes me glad I went with Project MU pads. This is really a bad look for CGS.
Sorry the thread made you feel this way. Catching up to messages on a Monday morning and making sure people are dialed in. Happy or not, everything is feedback that can be used to tailor the technical support experience and figure out ways to make everyone more successful.👍

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
C21 on OEM caliper works well. We've spec'd the C1 on F8X and G8X M3s as their ABS is significantly more finnicky than the Supra (even though a Supra has BMW components). Thanks again for the feedback!

How can I get the Secret compound pads that Jackie and a few others i know use for TT?
:)

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Not direct experience with your pads just yet. Coming from a BRZ with the oem brembos, my interactions with CSG have always been pleasant when ordering parts regardless of brand. I even had the Tein Flex A CSG Spec and had buddies buy them or even switch from the regular Flex A to the CSG Spec ones. CSG stuff just tends to perform very well thanks to all the R&D you guys put in before releasing something.

On the BRZ I ran with Ferodo DS2500 because of how small the local track was when I lived in Puerto Rico. Friends that run the CP on the regular brakes experienced less brake fade at the end of sessions compared to me despite the bigger thermal capacity that I had. I do like to brake a bit late but even the friction charts showed how the CP could handle more consistently at higher temps.

I am curious about the situation with the Pista/GTS system and would like to see it get sorted out. The weight reduction was something that I liked about it even if I don't get to the point of needing that much extra thermal capacity. Hope that both parties can talk it out and if something is found to be an issue please share for others to learn from.
Sponsored