AT & MT Feedback Needed

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Gave feedback to him. I think, he's still looking into other options.

Edit. Gonna say stuff, but don't want to hype ppl w fault info nor ppl overestimate. Let's just say MT isn't out of question.
I was told 2022 would be an exciting year for the A90. Not sure exactly what that meant :rolleyes::D.
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you weren't wrong.
I told everyone, but people refused to believe.

My source even told me a while back that there would be a batch of A9x’s sent to Motomachi factory for something, but he refused to go into detail.

Also, there is a new LFA in the works that “supposedly” will share underpinnings with a future Toyota sports car ??.

Happy New Year!!

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I told everyone, but people refused to believe.

My source even told me a while back that there would be a batch of A9x’s sent to Motomachi factory for something, but he refused to go into detail.

Also, there is a new LFA in the works that “supposedly” will share underpinnings with a future Toyota sports car ??.

Happy New Year!!
Are you talking about this thing?

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/lexus-electrified-sport-concept-previewing-a-lfa-successor.11760

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
I mean... it does look very blatantly like a Supra more than it looks like an LFA.

After seeing that lineup of EV concepts I feel like that's what we actually saw based on looks alone: an EV Supra concept that is badged as a Lexus for whatever reason... and a very obvious MR2 concept. Nothing in that lineup of concepts suggested to me the look of an LFA successor just going by looks.

But then again maybe it's the platform that is key. The concept shape that we got looks WAY more like a Supra but if it's basic platform is shared between the future Supra and LFA I can understand it. But if that *does* turn out to be the case then Lexus needs to leave the Supra styling for Toyota and do their own unique LFA successor styling.

PerformanceSound, as for your contact's tip on a manual Supra I did not doubt you on that. However with as long as it took for Toyota to actually hint that they had committed to offering a manual option I grew concerned that they had a plan for it initially and then decided to backtrack no matter how loud public opinion became.

It *could* be coincidence but I did find it to be very convenient that it was only once Nissan announced they would make good on putting their new V6 twin turbo 6-speed manual Z concept into production that Toyota seemed to suddenly spring to action moving ahead with a production manual Supra.

So long as they're doing it right and offering it on the 3.0L now that's all that matters. They have exactly four model years left (nearly halfway into the full production run) to offer the transmission option it should have come with from the start.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
PerformanceSound, as for your contact's tip on a manual Supra I did not doubt you on that. However with as long as it took for Toyota to actually hint that they had committed to offering a manual option I grew concerned that they had a plan for it initially and then decided to backtrack no matter how loud public opinion became.

It *could* be coincidence but I did find it to be very convenient that it was only once Nissan announced they would make good on putting their new V6 twin turbo 6-speed manual Z concept into production that Toyota seemed to suddenly spring to action moving ahead with a production manual Supra.
Understandable, however, I was specific about 2022 well before concrete info about the new Z emerged.…coincidental?

Yamaha is going to play a VERY important role in the upcoming offerings. Whether they will be EV’s or not, well….that I cannot comment on.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Posted this in the other manual thread......I have a suspicion quite a few folks are sitting on the sidelines like myself watching how Toyota is going to respond to the Z. I'm specifically waiting for a few things to make a decision 1) a manual, 2) Bosch ECU to be cracked for tuning 3) Is there ever going to be a nice blue offered that's not a marked up limited edition (Blue Flame and Neptune Blue are in your lineup already!!) Come on Toyota, get your $*!# together! :) If it weren't for the above, i'd have one in my garage already.

Last edited:
First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MB C300, 2021 GR Supra, 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
I own a premium 3.0 and would trade mine for a manual. I believe that we should have something to celebrate in July.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Posted this in the other manual thread......I have a suspicion quite a few folks are sitting on the sidelines like myself watching how Toyota is going to respond to the Z. I'm specifically waiting for a few things to make a decision 1) a manual, 2) Bosch ECU to be cracked for tuning 3) Is there ever going to be a nice blue offered that's not a marked up limited edition (Blue Flame and Neptune Blue are in your lineup already!!) Come on Toyota, get your $*!# together! :) If it weren't for the above, i'd have one in my garage already.
I doubt they will use Toyota Colors. All the colors so far are from BMW.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Understandable, however, I was specific about 2022 well before concrete info about the new Z emerged.…coincidental?
You were indeed specific about 2022 regarding the Supra. And that's what I held out hope for. Toyota, for their part, did next to nothing to give any hope about a manual Supra being made available for a very, very long time. But then again that is just the way they do things and that is really where the frustration comes in. I'm just glad that they made the right decision after all.

Yamaha is going to play a VERY important role in the upcoming offerings. Whether they will be EV’s or not, well….that I cannot comment on.
I have no doubt that Yamaha will be working closely with Toyota on their future performance products both in the remaining internal combustion and gas-electric hybrid space and in the pure EV space. They're already made public a few hints of where their EV R&D alone has been going and of their philosophy of how they want to approach those technologies.

I'm looking forward to what they and Toyota collaborate on in the near and long term future.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
I doubt they will use Toyota Colors. All the colors so far are from BMW.
Even better, many of the BMW blues are amazing.....not sure why they have such a limited palate lineup...i know greys, whites, blacks sell the best but damn....BOOORRRING. This is not a Carolla. :)

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Even better, many of the BMW blues are amazing.....not sure why they have such a limited palate lineup...i know greys, whites, blacks sell the best but damn....BOOORRRING. This is not a Carolla. :)
Yeah I'm really hoping for one of their good blues or thundernight metallic like they used on the new m240i. I also wouldn't say no to java green for the supra.
Sponsored