OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 NB Miata - 2024 Red 3.0 Premium MT - Ninja400
I have not noticed any change to the way my 6MT drives with the AC on. Most newer cars will disengage the AC compressor automatically if you go WOT.

I know what you're talking about though, my Tacoma (4.0L V6) drives like a completely different vehicle with the AC on. It's not the cut in power so much as it changes how fast the revs rise or fall between shifts. Really annoying as it's my DD.
Yepp!! Exactly, It forces me to drive the car completely differently. It Drops the acceleration down to early model Prius levels as well lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you're asking for opinions mine is auto 100%
It sure would be nice to have drinks in the cupholders and not constantly bash my arm against them LOL. But man manual is so engaging and rewarding idk...

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
It sure would be nice to have drinks in the cupholders and not constantly bash my arm against them LOL. But man manual is so engaging and rewarding idk...

I'd definitely try to drive both. Coming from Miatas (which have excellent gear boxes) I've been disappointed in most other manual cars that I've tried. It's part of why I sold my Golf R manual. It was more engaging than an auto, but frustrating to me compared to a Miata. I prefer the rest of the car to feel connected and engaging when throwing a manual in. Most modern cars are too numb IMO.

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd definitely try to drive both. Coming from Miatas (which have excellent gear boxes) I've been disappointed in most other manual cars that I've tried. It's part of why I sold my Golf R manual. It was more engaging than an auto, but frustrating to me compared to a Miata. I prefer the rest of the car to feel connected and engaging when throwing a manual in. Most modern cars are too numb IMO.
I am so used to driving really shi**y AT's so maybe the Supra will win me over. I agree, I definitely am going to test drive both.

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I am so used to driving really shi**y AT's so maybe the Supra will win me over. I agree, I definitely am going to test drive both.
I had a 2018 Infinity Q50 Redsport for a couple years. Automatic with 400hp. The transmission in the Supra blows that thing away. It was garbage in comparison lol

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For anyone watching this thread I am fairly certain I just managed to secure a MT Mikan Blast reservation. I have plans to take the Supra stripe off and replace it with Paul Walkers MKIV livery. I am beyond excited!. I will still try and find an AT to test drive but this will be my main choice. I wish Toyota allowed custom orders, as I would have preferred a Red/Hazelnut 3.0. I just don't see the dealer I put a deposit down at getting one in my exact spec.

It's really hard to find Supras to test drive in my area. My dealerships never have Supras as it's a midwestern city that mostly deals in SUVs and Trucks. I can't put my nearly 23 year old Miata through a 300 mile trip just for a test drive lol.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
If I could only own one hobby car I would probably get the MT Supra, but that is not the case so ZF8 for me. I've had the car for 3 years now and no regrets with the transmission or rest of the car. I love my GR Supra and I think she sounds great too with the 2020 factory exhaust.

SupraSleek

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan frontier
For anyone watching this thread I am fairly certain I just managed to secure a MT Mikan Blast reservation. I have plans to take the Supra stripe off and replace it with Paul Walkers MKIV livery. I am beyond excited!. I will still try and find an AT to test drive but this will be my main choice. I wish Toyota allowed custom orders, as I would have preferred a Red/Hazelnut 3.0. I just don't see the dealer I put a deposit down at getting one in my exact spec.

It's really hard to find Supras to test drive in my area. My dealerships never have Supras as it's a midwestern city that mostly deals in SUVs and Trucks. I can't put my nearly 23 year old Miata through a 300 mile trip just for a test drive lol.
I have a deposit on a 3.0 MT for renaissance red! But told my sales rep if he secures an auto I'd be open to getting either vehicle. Test driving the auto was suprisinlgy engaging. This is coming from someone who's driven manual sports cars. Most recent being an S550 GT 6MT. Still if both are available at the same time I'm getting the MT haha!!

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

sick. good luck!

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So... I am now very sad. Went to finalize reservation and got hit with this...

Who is paying this?? I might as well buy an Emira at that point.

wadu hek.png

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
If you want to track the car, AT all the way. If you're not going to track the car MT all the way lol.
this was other way just years ago but now, totally agree.

on other hand, just learned that you cannot get Adaptive Cruise Control with manual. Also, for automatic, there are few things it does to protect engine, such as putting gear in "N" if car is spinning 180 and won't let you shift if speed and gear does not match with RPM - too low or too high. but definitely, learn how to drive pedal shift. ;)

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
So... I am now very sad. Went to finalize reservation and got hit with this...

Who is paying this?? I might as well buy an Emira at that point.

wadu hek.png
ahh.. you must be new here lol. yep, the 45th edition is about $7000 more than the 3.0 premium. besides that, (in my area) MTs have always had a ridiculous markup ($6000 markup when i tried buying one). i read what you said about the miata, but buying a supra is a hunt. check all dealerships in your state, neighboring states, etc. good luck!

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ahh.. you must be new here lol. yep, the 45th edition is about $7000 more than the 3.0 premium. besides that, (in my area) MTs have always had a ridiculous markup ($6000 markup when i tried buying one). i read what you said about the miata, but buying a supra is a hunt. check all dealerships in your state, neighboring states, etc. good luck!
My local dealerships want 10% of the cars price as a deposit. To "order" one, when you can't even do that with Toyota. Before the car arrives, before I know the color, etc... It's nuts that dealerships are allowed to do this stuff.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
My local dealerships want 10% of the cars price as a deposit. To "order" one, when you can't even do that with Toyota. Before the car arrives, before I know the color, etc... It's nuts that dealerships are allowed to do this stuff.
agreed. southeast toyota is even worse. you got this! exercise patience and you'll get your Win :)
Sponsored