CSG Feedback (CSG pads)

Ryanthetemp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is
I too went off Jackie’s recommendation for CP front and C11 rear that he had posted on his build thread. I can see what @dzeleski is talking about as well. I regret not going C21 up front.
Sponsored

krumpir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I am one that is currently using pads for dual purpose since I daily the car and track it. (Too lazy to switch pads atm). I have the CP F/R on back order since late last month, hopefully they arrive soon. I intend to do a track day very soon after install and can comment back on them

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I am one that is currently using pads for dual purpose since I daily the car and track it. (Too lazy to switch pads atm). I have the CP F/R on back order since late last month, hopefully they arrive soon. I intend to do a track day very soon after install and can comment back on them
With ya, I stay on the same pads. More dust but, oh well… No further bedding in needed, I don’t drive the car much in town anyways.

And thank you @CSG for the explanation. If you ever have a sale on your highest temp 21/11 pads, please let us all know :)

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
With ya, I stay on the same pads. More dust but, oh well… No further bedding in needed, I don’t drive the car much in town anyways.

And thank you @CSG for the explanation. If you ever have a sale on your highest temp 21/11 pads, please let us all know :)
Maybe if not a sale, how about a platform specific group buy on the C21/11 pads 👀 @CSG .

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.counterspacegarage.com
Car(s)
IS300, Supra, S2000, BRZ, M3
I too went off Jackie’s recommendation for CP front and C11 rear that he had posted on his build thread. I can see what @dzeleski is talking about as well. I regret not going C21 up front.
To be fair, the feeling of flat braking (without the front end dive) sometimes feels really nice. Those with rear aero can also exploit that rear bite a little more as well. C11 is a much higher friction pad than the CE1, however, the CE1 is stiffer than the C11. How the brakes come in will be a little different.

In another weird example, we've seen some fun concepts of C21 and maybe a Hawk or G-LOC rear. You'd need a DTC-70 or a R16 to maybe get similar bite as the C11, but the fronts will work so hard that the rears may not actually work very well simply due to the response differential, resulting in a very hard dive with a wiggly butt (pads may respond after the rear end is unloaded). That response differential causes weird imbalance and the cause of the infamous "ice mode" in a lot of cars. Of course, this is talking strictly brakes. If you have a damper setup that bounces too much and shocking the tires, you'll have that similar jittery effect under braking as well. Everything has to work together and it all comes down to available grip. Utilizing that grip as optimally as possible gives you better handling, braking, acceleration, and most importantly - driver confidence. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.counterspacegarage.com
Car(s)
IS300, Supra, S2000, BRZ, M3
Sorry it has taken a few extra weeks. We were not expecting to be cleaned out of pads so quickly despite being well stocked. Next shipment comes in soon (shipment has sailed) so we'll be able to take care of your order soon (hopefully expedited before your trackday). Thanks again for your patience!
Sponsored