Custom Tune (tuners) turn around time

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
Due to my past experience with remote tuning I have low expectations.
Those expectations are being met currently.
This is the timeline of my current custom tune process.

2nd June – Order placed.

10th June – Base map received.

28th June- First logs sent. (Big delay on my end due to constant rain and personal issues)

11th July – Sent follow up email.

19th July – Sent another follow up email, received a response saying he would get to it.

24th July – Sent another follow up email. Received a response that something weird happened with the flash and the logs weren’t from his map.

25th July – reflashed and sent new logs.

28th July – sent a follow up email.

29th July – received first revision.

31st July – sent new logs. (had to wait for it to stop raining)

10th August – still waiting for second revision.
Sponsored

shownfu

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Turn around time is unpredictable. Lots of variables such as how many customers they may have at any given time, large events going on, personal circumstances, etc... Could be 1 week or 2 months+

I've experience with two of the big name tuners and both have been responsive. It's overall a slow process in general. It takes time to get dialed in, but the car is always driveable.

SBMdragoncop

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
+1 Tuned by Payn
Jeff is pretty good with his revisions and of the big 3 I have had by far the best with communication!

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
I use Jeff never have an issue getting a response.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I just got done getting a custom tune from Botti. Sent my first email with my mods list on July 2 and finished tuning with him the other day.

Any delay was entirely on me, as I have a pretty busy work schedule. After I finally managed to send him the logs he requested I would receive either a revision or further instructions within a day or so.

I’ve got absolutely zero negative things to say about the final tune I received or the process.
Thanks for this. I've heard similar things about Botti on here and elsewhere. Likely who I'm going with once the market shakes out re: tuning availability and cost for the process.
Sponsored