DarkZupra's Build

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I wanted to update with some additional thoughts and info on the BBK.

Signature Werks made a decent product here. The build quality is fine, not amazing, not bad. The lack of instructions is unacceptable for something this complicated. For perspective, see the below picture showing the rear left caliper mock up. This is an extremely complicated setup and not having instructions made it that much harder. They were also very difficult to communicate with, only responding on Instagram, and not very well.

The rear e-brake sits VERY close to the EDC module on my KW DDC's, and Id imagine that it would be the same if you were on stock EDC shocks. I ran the rear suspension through its whole range and it never touched, but it gets within 1mm.

The fronts were much easier, obviously as they are a simpler setup, however you must remove the front fender liner to access the brake line. Not crazy hard, just an extra step.

I have had a lot of issues bleeding. I did what I thought was a full bleed on Saturday after installing, then took it out to test drive it and had NO pedal feel at all, so I knew there was air in the lines. I did another bleed Sunday and got lots of air out. The pedal now feels 90% stock, with a little bit longer stoke until initial bite. I may have to take it to PSI or Eurotech to have them cycle the ABS. I did feel confident enough to bed them, and man, they took a LOT of hard stops to get hot. Super excited about finding their limits at the track.

I should probably take some notes down on everything I got from SW as well as my own pics I took and write up a quick how-to, if anyone would be interested.

IMG_7641.jpeg
Great write up & patience on your part! Do you know how much brake bias the Supra has, front/rear? I was thinking only the front would require a larger caliper & rotor, if looking for more stopping power. The rear calipers seem oddly large when compared to the fronts. In my other cars the rears were so tiny compared to the fronts. Thanks Matt :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Great write up & patience on your part! Do you know how much brake bias the Supra has, front/rear? I was thinking only the front would require a larger caliper & rotor, if looking for more stopping power. The rear calipers seem oddly large when compared to the fronts. In my other cars the rears were so tiny compared to the fronts. Thanks Matt :)
If I've understood the numbers given to me by SW, the stock bias is around 71% front. This kit should shift it rearwards maybe 3 or 4%. Im actually grateful, the tiny rear calipers made trail braking super difficult, so some extra grab there should help rotate the car (at least for the way i drive).

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Long awaited updates. New Lip is finally on (3D Design Japan). Raceseng titanium studs and nuts. ECU Unlocked via FEMTO and PPE. Stage 2 OTS map for now, going to custom tune with F80Paul.

First post updated with all current parts.

IMG_6214.jpeg
got any close up pics of the Raceseng hardware on your wheels?

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Heres a decent one
Photo Apr 22 2023, 6 25 25 PM.jpg
Thank you, Matt! Looks good! I am really digging the look of their lug nuts but am torn between doing a titanium stud conversion with titanium lug nuts vs going with steel & steel. I read somewhere on here (can't remember where) that titanium studs can be at risk for breaking due to shear forces for some reason and people were recommending against them. Have you had any issues with yours or had to replace any of your titanium studs?

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you, Matt! Looks good! I am really digging the look of their lug nuts but am torn between doing a titanium stud conversion with titanium lug nuts vs going with steel & steel. I read somewhere on here (can't remember where) that titanium studs can be at risk for breaking due to shear forces for some reason and people were recommending against them. Have you had any issues with yours or had to replace any of your titanium studs?
0 issues. Titanium is stronger than steel by weight. Raceseng makes incredibly well made products with lots of testing.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
0 issues. Titanium is stronger than steel by weight. Raceseng makes incredibly well made products with lots of testing.
Titanium is not stronger than steel. Yes by weight a lighter Ti stud will be closer to the strength of a heavier 10.9 steel stud but not stronger. You also should not use an impact with Ti. Steel is harder.

for street/show cars, sure thing

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Titanium is not stronger than steel. Yes by weight a lighter Ti stud will be closer to the strength of a heavier 10.9 steel stud but not stronger. You also should not use an impact with Ti. Steel is harder.

for street/show cars, sure thing
Hope @DarkZupra doesn’t mind me asking on his beautiful car & garage page….

I’d prefer to buy from FCP Euro but can‘t find any. I wanted to keep my current studs and replace the lug nuts. Which ones (link) do you recommend Bryan or should I just buy another stud kit? Will probably only get in 8-10 track weekends this next year. Thanks!

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered some new body parts from ADRO, looking forward to getting those.

Went to a few CnC/Shows this weekend.
IMG_7958.jpeg

Also picked up a new Daily Driver, 2024 Mini Clubman JCW
IMG_7960.jpeg

Shes filthy (as I requested) so will be spending all next weekend detailing. Cant wait.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DSCF3142.JPG

Cars and Coffee yesterday. Some parts removed. Wrap ordered and scheduled. Still waiting on ADRO parts.

Learning how to use a real camera. Starting to get the camera part down, now I need to learn lightroom/photoshop.

DHarkKnight10

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 / 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Absolutely CLEAN Supra Matt! What color wrap & brand did you decide to go with? They mention any potential issues with wrapping a ceramic coated car?

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Gotta ask man you use to own a type R but didn’t say much about it. Did you not like it or mod it at all? They are fun cars if i had the the choice I would’ve wanted to keep both an R and supra, hot hatch and coupe perfect combo lol

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Absolutely CLEAN Supra Matt! What color wrap & brand did you decide to go with? They mention any potential issues with wrapping a ceramic coated car?
Thanks! As for brand, its Inozetek, but im keeping the color close to the chest until its revealed.

Ill be removing the coating next week, along with the lip, wing, etc. Just to make it easy on the installer.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gotta ask man you use to own a type R but didn’t say much about it. Did you not like it or mod it at all? They are fun cars if i had the the choice I would’ve wanted to keep both an R and supra, hot hatch and coupe perfect combo lol
The FK8 was.... fine. I had it for about 8 months and moved on. Great powertrain, Honda did cool stuff to make it drive nice, but the interior was junky. Shitty infotainment, questionable material choices, and so, so, so loud on the highway. I put 70 lbs of sound deadening in just to make it tolerable. In the end, I knew it wasnt the right car for me so I moved on to something that fit me better (the M340).

I will say Im interested in the new Integra Type S as that car seems to fix the fit, finish, quality and noise issues the FK8 had, but they're impossible to get.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
The FK8 was.... fine. I had it for about 8 months and moved on. Great powertrain, Honda did cool stuff to make it drive nice, but the interior was junky. Shitty infotainment, questionable material choices, and so, so, so loud on the highway. I put 70 lbs of sound deadening in just to make it tolerable. In the end, I knew it wasnt the right car for me so I moved on to something that fit me better (the M340).

I will say Im interested in the new Integra Type S as that car seems to fix the fit, finish, quality and noise issues the FK8 had, but they're impossible to get.
Interesting judging from your other cars id assume you weren’t too crazy about it only being fwd also? Its a beautiful aggressive looking street car for sure and handling is fantastic but i agree infotainment isnt the greatest. the problem with the civic platform you gotta spend soo much to achieve performance in what other cars can easily achieve stock already. The new type R is boring in design which is a shame, but they definitely put all the aggressive exterior back in the integra.
Sponsored