OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I believe that the lower the DEFCON level, the closer to nuclear war we are... Perhaps you went up some DEFCON levels?
Good call. That's what happens when I try to get too cute. And going up levels just doesn't sound right in the context.
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: zrk

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
My car only gets serviced at home, or at Thunder Bunny.

Definitely didn't trust Toyota with it, so it's never been there.

Same thing when I picked it up on day one, I said "leave the shipping paint protection wrap on and don't wash it, I'm getting it PPF'd next week"

Sure enough, picked up the car completely washed and uncovered. Thankfully no swirls that I could see.

Yeah, and with like 12-15 miles on it, because the manager had to "fill the tank":confused: So much for break-in, right?

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
I had similar woes with BMW, so don't think you would have escaped either way!

Currently Land Rover enjoy giving me a vigorous shafting at every opportunity, whilst begging me to thank them and do it harder.

The only two dealer franchises that have never tried to turn my arse into a clowns pocket are Lexus UK and Mazda UK.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
My car only gets serviced at home, or at Thunder Bunny.

Definitely didn't trust Toyota with it, so it's never been there.

Same thing when I picked it up on day one, I said "leave the shipping paint protection wrap on and don't wash it, I'm getting it PPF'd next week"

Sure enough, picked up the car completely washed and uncovered. Thankfully no swirls that I could see.

Yeah, and with like 12-15 miles on it, because the manager had to "fill the tank":confused: So much for break-in, right?
Probably lucky you didn't check the average fuel consumption on the trip meter when you picked it up.

Phil

Professor SKO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91
I was wondering if I can code my 2022 A91 with remote start. I have heard "Yes" and "No". I went by the Virginia Beach Toyota dealer close to my house. The "Expert" said he didn't know how to program it to work if it wasn't currently working. I asked if he could look up the BMW code and was promptly told that his dealership didn't know any of the BMW codes. He told me I could ask next door at the same company's BMW salesroom/shop. They told me they didn't have any codes for a Supra and wouldn't look up what it was for a BMW.

I haven't found a Toyota dealerships in the Tidewater Area of Virginia that seems to know much about the Supra. I think they are very knowledgeable with Toyotas built in Toyota plants, just NOT knowledgeable of Toyotas built in a BMW plant.

Also, I need a left rear CF Canard to replace the original one. Dealer Price is $775 (USD) but I currently can not order it as it is "Out Of Stock" and I really don't want to pay that much. I guess I will see if there is a junked Supra that might have a good one.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
This is exactly why you never waste any money on an extended warranty for a Supra.

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
[QUOTE="ColonelAdama, post: 322925, member: 10931"

[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, my car had 47 miles when I went to pick it up. I had seen it the day it came off the truck all wrapped up and needing to be prepped. We couldn't even open the door at that point. I went back after they needed 2 days to prep it to complete the transaction and it had the 47 miles on it...they blamed it on the port and people driving it there for some unknown reason they couldn't even speculate about. Obviously, that's a bold face lie but I wish it was less mileage because 47 miles is about what it took me to get home from the dealer and that took an hour....so my car was probably joy ridden for an hour after I asked them to not even take the plastic off the seats. The good news is that they didn't wash it but I would have preferred that since there's always paint correction needed at some point. I actually did check the average fuel economy as someone alluded to here and it was like 12 or 13 mpg if I recall correctly...for reference my average over the life of 7800 miles owning the car is double that. Knock on wood but I've had no problems with burning oil or the clutch or really of any kind so maybe there's something to having a hard break in lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Another small update:

Not sure if it needed some time or my many toggles of the settings but the collision warning flashed at me in both the HUD and the cluster yesterday - so that's working fine.

As of today, BimmerCode still can't access my cluster for coding purposes but via support BimmerCode keep promising it will be available in an update - maybe in two weeks? 😂

Cruise control remains in the cluster only which I really like so that's a bonus!

Beyond that, everything seems to be working fine. 😅
Sponsored