Nissan customer services vs Toyota

Monyx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X4M Competition, Wrangler
A Nissan dealer on test drives left a sour taste... I explained I wanted to do the same 40min loop in the Z as I previously did in a GR Supra. The dealer is about 30mins up the HWY from that run, so I asked about 1hr 45min all up test drive. Half of which would be transit out of suburbia to get decent road..the reply as follows suggests that my wife wouldn't be joining me for the test drive.

"I'm happy for xxx to take you out for 30-45 minutes from our dealership at a time that suits."

The problem with 45 mins test drive, 20mins ea way is stuck in traffic, 80km speed limits..really not the domain of 2 seater perf coupe.

I mean really? This dealer touted to me via sms their 'demo' had arrived with Z pics. If it was $200k Porsche I thought maybe too long test..then again a luxury brand likely drop you off a demo for the weekend esp if you're genuinely interested having paid deposit since Sep 2021 as I did for a Z.
By comparison, my local regional Toyota dealer around the corner from me arranged for a Toyota Australia demo Supra to be brought down from Brisbane for a day, and had my and wife had it for 1.5-2hrs for test drive.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
A Nissan dealer on test drives left a sour taste... I explained I wanted to do the same 40min loop in the Z as I previously did in a GR Supra. The dealer is about 30mins up the HWY from that run, so I asked about 1hr 45min all up test drive. Half of which would be transit out of suburbia to get decent road..the reply as follows suggests that my wife wouldn't be joining me for the test drive.

"I'm happy for xxx to take you out for 30-45 minutes from our dealership at a time that suits."

The problem with 45 mins test drive, 20mins ea way is stuck in traffic, 80km speed limits..really not the domain of 2 seater perf coupe.

I mean really? This dealer touted to me via sms their 'demo' had arrived with Z pics. If it was $200k Porsche I thought maybe too long test..then again a luxury brand likely drop you off a demo for the weekend esp if you're genuinely interested having paid deposit since Sep 2021 as I did for a Z.
By comparison, my local regional Toyota dealer around the corner from me arranged for a Toyota Australia demo Supra to be brought down from Brisbane for a day, and had my and wife had it for 1.5-2hrs for test drive.
Lol. Honda wouldn't even let me test drive a Type R!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I didn't get to test drive my Supra at all. Had to wait for the papers to be signed before I got the keys. Pretty cool you Australians get an actual test drive.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I didn't get to test drive my Supra at all. Had to wait for the papers to be signed before I got the keys. Pretty cool you Australians get an actual test drive.
You're a better man than me. My dealer didn't let me test drive the car at first either. They kept saying "What can I do to get you to buy this car". "Well sir, I'm not, under any circumstance going to sign a dotted line to spend $55,000 on anything if I can't fucking test it first. For all I know that thing can drive like a piece of shit" was my response. They went into the financing office for a few minutes, and I'm assuming between my 770+ credit score and the fact that I had $15,000 to put down plus a mint condition trade in, they came back and were like "Ohh hey, guess what, we WANT to let you test drive this car...... Assholes. The experience sucked from start to finish, but hey, I got what I wanted. I got a test drive, loved the car, and bought it a week later.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
These dealera act like they're selling a 1 of 2 limted edition car
These are appliances with bells and whistles
I went into a dealer to put a deposit down, the guy at SF Toyota threw me the keys, took my license info and told me to take my time
šŸ¤£

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Last 7 cars we have bought all have been with out test drives. When I want a car Iā€™ve done so much research that I already know what Iā€™m expecting :dunno:

the Supra is the exception as far as research. I had sold my Mustang GT and ordered a C8 that was at the time over a year out, saw the Supra in Houston and 3 days later on a plane with my son picking it up. I guess because last few times I did actually test drive a car, itā€™s around the block and you donā€™t really get anything out of it.

OP
OP

Monyx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X4M Competition, Wrangler
I guess because last few times I did actually test drive a car, itā€™s around the block and you donā€™t really get anything out of it.
Yeah, it's really about headroom, visibility & seeing how claustrophobic the interior felt with me & Mrs together in car. Plus they much rarer here in Australia - Toyota sold <800 over 4yrs so just don't even see them on the road hardly.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Hah, my dealer let me

a) order my supra subject to test drive of their demo
b) Let me flog the crap out of their demo
c) Saw me looking at the GR Yaris in the yard (post Supra purchase) and came out, gave me the keys, said "I know you won't buy it, you have too many cars, but come back in an hour ok?"

They've been sensational.... But I also let them put my A80 and my A60 on their showroom floor for a month each to help promote the A90. They said they had an insane amount of offers on the A80 hahaha

Now, their service department.... is another story.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
A Toyota dealership in my area didnā€™t allow me to test drive a Supra at all just because it was only 20. They said the car can only be test driven by people that they believe would actually buy the car.

Bought one next town over after a few ageism reports filed
Sponsored