Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal B48, 2019 Blazer 2lt
Hey all,

I can't seem to find a good dealership for service in Maryland, and have struck out everywhere besides sometimes at the clarksville toyota location, about 40 minutes away. Nobody knows anything about these cars besides owners. I have found one service advisor who is also an owner, Antwerpen Toyota Clarksville. Right now I've had more bad experiences than good ones, and am scared to take the car into Local MD stores. Having one tech, the shop foreman, who can work on the car is also kind of annoying. Normally they are the most busy and don't work weekends.

My list is as follows:

DARCARS 355 Rockville: Unresponsive service advisors, great Parts Department.

DARCARS Silver Spring: Responsive Service advisors, SLOWEST technicians who took pictures with the car for 30 mins in the bay, within clear sight of customers, while I wanted for them to pull it out. One of the techs asked to drive, I said no, and i offered for him to ride shotgun.

Jim Colemen Toyota Bethesda: TERRIBLE SERVICE DEPT, with exception of the service advisors. The parts department are childish and MEAN to supra customers. THIS STORE HAS ALSO BOUGHT ALL OF THE SUPRA OIL FILTERS AND OIL in the 3 store area.

Antwerpen Clarksville Toyota: Doug is an owner, but they have had trouble getting parts in the past. Also the Tech who moved my car, left it dirty with Oil... like wtf.

Please let me know if you live in the DMV and where you have your car serviced.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noctb48MD

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And respond with horror stories if you have any. lol

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm in Arlington ...
Had my 2020 at Bill Page and Koons.

BP is better in my opinion. Took three days for a scheduled, free oil change at Koons. BP took care of the warranty trunk paint issue, brake recall.

OP
OP
Noctb48MD

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm in Arlington ...
Had my 2020 at Bill Page and Koons.

BP is better in my opinion. Took three days for a scheduled, free oil change at Koons. BP took care of the warranty trunk paint issue, brake recall.
Damn, i used to work for Koons, do you know why it took so long? Perhaps the oil filter was out of stock everywhere on the east coast?

OP
OP
Noctb48MD

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No idea .... I think the "Supra" tech called out, but how hard is an oil change?
LOL! toyota stores aren't the sharpest out there.

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
This is a good thread. I'm also looking to take it somewhere in MD. I was actually looking into Clarksville, but knowing about leaving burnt oil makes me feel a bit uneasy....

Joker328

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Red 3.0 Premium MT
Jim Colemen Toyota Bethesda: TERRIBLE SERVICE DEPT, with exception of the service advisors. The parts department are childish and MEAN to supra customers. THIS STORE HAS ALSO BOUGHT ALL OF THE SUPRA OIL FILTERS AND OIL in the 3 store area.
Curious about your experience with Jim Coleman as I bought from them. Did they fuck something up?

OP
OP
Noctb48MD

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Curious about your experience with Jim Coleman as I bought from them. Did they fuck something up?
I called “my” service advisor, and said i need rear pads and sensors- alls fine - he has to order the parts, about 4 days later i call back asked for a parts update, and they said everythings in besides one sensor - next day they call me since all has arrived. Quoted me ~950 parts quote thats attached to my RO. I asked for the breakdown minus the rotors- (180 for pads, 52 per sensor (plus a 20 overnight freight for rotors the a))
Service advisor ordered rotors, pads, and sensors. Definitely dont need rotors yet at 34k miles. When i tried to pick up the parts, they wanted me to pay a $20 overnight freight charge for the rotors, which the advisor ordered, after asking my advisor to wave this cost, i asked for my quote back only to have the price raised to (225 for pads, 62 per sensor).

the parts manager was super hostile, and rude to me, CARLOS. So was his cashier. Jim coleman charges whatever they want for parts , and aren’t transparent at all.

His quote was 40 bucks higher than 355 toyota and he laughed in my face when i asked for 20 bucks off since what he quoted me over the phone was so different from what I received.

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've bought parts at 355 Toyota through their website - good communication, arrived on time, rec'd what I expected. I needed a bunch of torque-to-yield bolts for a rear sway bar install.

This week, I'm using one of my free oil changes at the dealer where I purchased the car - Sheehy in Laurel. Scheduled the appointment on their website today for Friday. I plan to wait in the lobby. We'll see how it goes.

OP
OP
Noctb48MD

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've bought parts at 355 Toyota through their website - good communication, arrived on time, rec'd what I expected. I needed a bunch of torque-to-yield bolts for a rear sway bar install.

This week, I'm using one of my free oil changes at the dealer where I purchased the car - Sheehy in Laurel. Scheduled the appointment on their website today for Friday. I plan to wait in the lobby. We'll see how it goes.
Goodluck with Sheehy, I have a few friends in sales there, they are a biggg store so I am sure they will take good care of you.

355 parts and service manager are super legit. they run a tight ship, so it seems.

OP
OP
Noctb48MD

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is a good thread. I'm also looking to take it somewhere in MD. I was actually looking into Clarksville, but knowing about leaving burnt oil makes me feel a bit uneasy....
It was really the oily fingerprints on the outside of the doors and perhaps some on the doorcard next to the handle.

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just got home from my freebie oil change at Sheehy, nutshell, positive. Details to follow:

- Out in under 2 hours, but I picked their first appointment slot (745A), which may have something to do with it
- Service advisor was very attentive, and made note when I said "Oil/filter change and visual inspection, nothing else without alerting me first."
- Sheehy does have only 1 certified Supra tech
- Cost: $0 because of the service plan I have
- Waiting room is the nicest I've ever seen - huge, clean, bright, with a staffed snackbar with lots of choices. I had breakfast and worked while I was there - wifi is perfectly acceptable.

Everyone knows that Sheehy is one of the biggest dealer networks in the DMV, and that usually scares me, but I'll give them props for today. It was an easy service, but they did well.

mojo_jojo77777

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
So interestingly enough, I bought my Supra at Brown's Toyota in Glen Burnie. Very very small dealership. Service/communication was good for 1st oil change, but what led to downfall was fact that they only had 1 Supra tech.

My 2nd oil change, set appointment, and found out that tech broke his back, and they were out a tech. Because of that, they were kinda screwed without a tech. I then had to go to Sheehy in Laurel. Nothing against Brown's, since it wasnt their fault, just sucks. I would still consider buying another Toyota from them, because sales experience was probably one of the best I've had.
Id never shop for one at Koons or Antwerpen since they were shit experiences.

I've ordered parts online from Jim Coleman and Darcars Fredrick with good success.

Sheehy was much larger, and had multiple Supra techs, which is surprising when @tomfree mentions they only had 1. Because when I showed up at Sheehy, I specifically asked about how many techs they had, simply to make sure I didn't run into a situation like I did at Browns.

Also, another thing that I did really like about Sheehy, was their Lyft program. I dropped off my Supra before work, and they provided a Lyft to BWI area where I work. Then, after work, all i had to do was send text to have Lyft come back to me and take me back to dealership.

They also had text message updates along the way. I suppose it shows power of technology that larger dealerships have access/funding to.

So far, I have brought the Supra for its' 2nd free oil change, the brake recall, and seatbelt squeaking to Sheehy. My drivetrain warranty period is almost up, but if I needed something major, I wouldnt hesitate to go back.

For oil changes, I just use FCP euro. My last 5 oil changes now have been free minus return shipping, so really, I pay roughly $18 per oil change.

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
So interestingly enough, I bought my Supra at Brown's Toyota in Glen Burnie. Very very small dealership. Service/communication was good for 1st oil change, but what led to downfall was fact that they only had 1 Supra tech.

My 2nd oil change, set appointment, and found out that tech broke his back, and they were out a tech. Because of that, they were kinda screwed without a tech. I then had to go to Sheehy in Laurel. Nothing against Brown's, since it wasnt their fault, just sucks. I would still consider buying another Toyota from them, because sales experience was probably one of the best I've had.
Id never shop for one at Koons or Antwerpen since they were shit experiences.

I've ordered parts online from Jim Coleman and Darcars Fredrick with good success.

Sheehy was much larger, and had multiple Supra techs, which is surprising when @tomfree mentions they only had 1. Because when I showed up at Sheehy, I specifically asked about how many techs they had, simply to make sure I didn't run into a situation like I did at Browns.

Also, another thing that I did really like about Sheehy, was their Lyft program. I dropped off my Supra before work, and they provided a Lyft to BWI area where I work. Then, after work, all i had to do was send text to have Lyft come back to me and take me back to dealership.

They also had text message updates along the way. I suppose it shows power of technology that larger dealerships have access/funding to.

So far, I have brought the Supra for its' 2nd free oil change, the brake recall, and seatbelt squeaking to Sheehy. My drivetrain warranty period is almost up, but if I needed something major, I wouldnt hesitate to go back.

For oil changes, I just use FCP euro. My last 5 oil changes now have been free minus return shipping, so really, I pay roughly $18 per oil change.
It's entirely possible my service advisor was wrong, but I did ask how many Supra techs they had this morning, and he said they only had the 1 tech. Now...that might mean just 1 guy on duty this Friday, vs just one on staff.

RE the text messages - even though I was waiting on site, they still sent me a "we're working on it" text after an hour from check-in. Nice touch.
Sponsored