Will all Toyota dealers be able to service Supra? / Serviced at BMW Dealer vs Toyota Dealer?

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
With all the stories posted and news it is clear that alot of Toyota Service Centers are not trained or lack knowledge on servicing the car in many ways. I've always had great service at the BMW Dealership and wanted to see if anyone else was using them over the Toyota Dealer for non-warranty coverage service? For example, alignment, early oil changes, etc. Or have you had an outstanding experience at your local dealer?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
says clearly in the manual that vehicles are not to be serviced at BMW service centers...

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
i wouldn't. like @XtremeMaC said that the manual states not to. don't need to give toyota a reason to void my warranty by going to a non certified place.

Last edited:

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
just take it to toyota. unless they are some sub par small town dealer they will know what they are doing. the person that will work on your car will be a master diagnostic tech (MDT) whos also completed classes for and knows the supra. the supra doesnt even go through normal pdi . the MDT is the one that checks it in straight from the delivery truck. they will not let any one other than that MTD work on the car even just for an oil change. i work for a toyota dealer in parts. i deal with these techs everyday. they know what they are doing. (usually) lol

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
oh also, Toyota has 2 year complimentary service and really for mundane tasks like oil change, they should quit if they can't properly do it.

Hakkim23

First Name
Basith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Toyota Camry
Well it's built to be a Toyota car so I'm sure that Toyota will take care of the maintenance even though it is built by BMW Plus it's better to take it to a Toyota dealer rather than a BMW dealer cuz costs

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Iā€™ve said it before in other threads but they should be making service at Lexus an option if not the default standard. Heck, sell them there if it makes it cleaner...

Most of the Toyota sales Iā€™ve spoken with donā€™t want the hassle of this car. Theyā€™d rather sell an endless stream of Corollas, Camrys, Tacomas, RAV4s, etc...

Jā€™s Mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Phantom Premium
I have to bring mine in tomorrow because the Nav isnā€™t working and the Consierge Service number in the computer is wrong!! Itā€™s missing the last digit!
From what Iā€™ve read, the nav fix is easyā€”-Iā€™m hoping they can add the last digit for the phone number tooā€”-seems like dumb problems to have!

malkier

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra LE #253
I made an appointment at my local toyota dealer and they called back and said they don't have a tech that can work on Supras (even for an oil change...) and told me to go to another dealer in the area. So, not all Toyota dealers are able to service them.

Also - re: service at BMW, the statement says that the car 'may not be serviced' does that mean that BMW may decline to service it? or is that Toyota saying that you're not allowed to? Seems open to interpretation...

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
I own a BMW and I have never seen a non BMW being serviced by a BMW dealer. I don't think they would want to work on the car even if it is BMW on the inside. I lucked out with my Toyota dealer. They have two techs that are certified to work on the Supra. They also sell a lot of used cars, and they have a garage where they work on them, an their mechanics can work on the BMW's they get in.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
This guy took his to BMW and the tech helped.