New Toyota Supra shown to EU dealers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
On LE, Carmaker1 said the design was already finalized in late 2014.

What I do find odd about the development of this car, is how they already had a final production design approved back in Fall 2014. Yet, this car will come out in early 2019. That is unusally excessive and reeks of programme collaboration mismanagement.

It should not take them that long to ready a production design for Job 1. Even the LFA throughout its many changes, in the end, managed to enter production in December 2010 some 28-29 months after design freeze. This car should be much further along than it is. Remember that there is still time spent well before design approval, which would be closer to 2012 (when both FT-1 started at Calty and BMW collab)
https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/threads/2019-toyota-supra-master-thread.2666/page-7
Sponsored

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
So the final design has been frozen for like 3 years, but they're going to continue the cock teasing with another concept? :banghead:

supra85

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GT86 with Volk 37 SL wheels
Source :https://www.toyota-supra.de/blogs/p...aa7818988fb6ef2&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=3&at_tot=7

This Articel is from the supra presantion to the dealers in denmark.

In the Comment Section below the Owner of www.toyota-supra.de write an interessing Comment!

blog_image_5a25367656197.jpg

"A comment on our article in an Australian Supra group

The vehicle shown was not production spec but far closer than anything to date.

The image is a phoroshopped FT1 to mule proportions.

Name is not finalised but supra is a strong contender

Similar size to 86 but shorter wheelbase

B58 BMW powered. Most markets won't get lower /4cyl model.

1300kg ish

Will be in M2/A45/RS3 price bracket.

It will be comparable to a Cayman GTS and GT4 in specs and capability.

Unofficially has cracked the 7:40 barrier at the 'ring with more in it - and not the GRMN model

GRMN model is 1200ish kg with lots of carbon and closer to 400hp

Base spec has 275 wide tyres at rear

Those wanting a highway straight line car, this is not the car for you. Those wanting something to chase supercars and Porsche at a track day, read on. "

Hope the Infos are true!

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Maybe the "Post New Thread" red button should be disable for new members and people with less then 20-50 post. Other forums do this as well. The reasoning behind this is too make people read and post on the existing threads instead of making repost and or retarded new threads.

But why does it matter? Shouldn't people able to post whatever they want? Yes and no, when we have more of these types of threads it pushes the good stuff down. And as the forum grows this will become even more common. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I was gonna say, hm I wonder where they got that Ring info because only about 5-7 people know that lol.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
yeah, no idea man.

must have just been my supra spidey sense. I arranged my three in a special formation, in line with saturn... chakras... something... crystals.... aura

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Does anyone know if the car has been shown to US dealers? I'm curious to see if their are any differences between a "US version" and a "global" version.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.